Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
vonCZ
Connoisseur
vonCZ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vonCZ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vonCZ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
sync Stanza library to Calibre database?

i brought this up in another thread; figured I'd go ahead and post as stand-alone question:

After uploading numerous books to my iPad, I went thru the Calibre database and made various corrections and changes to some of the book entries: I fixed title misspellings, did author sort corrections, swapped out some of the book covers, etc. How can I make these changes take effect on the iPad/Stanza? (without deleting and re-copying over the books I've changed).

In Calibre I've gone to Preferences | Add/Save | Sending to device and changed the "Metadata management" to "Automatic management"... to no effect. Any ideas?
vonCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
kidpixo
kidpixo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kobo Touch (dead)
Hi, I got the same problem and the best solution was to erase the whole collection in Stanza and start from scratch with the updated books.

Any better solution?

Cheers!
kidpixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Well, the approach that I've been taking is to use Calibre2opds to publish my books to a DropBox folder each time I make changes to the Calibre DB, then just download the next book or two from the 'cloud' as I read them, deleting them from the iPad once read.

I might sync a load to the iPad if I'm going to be offline for a while, but so far that's not been needed, even with a wifi-only iPad.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote