Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #25936
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Coffee WAS in my cup, but it's long gone now. I got in late last night from serving as one of the table hosts for a banquet welcoming 300 (!) Chinese students to the local engineering college. I had so much fun, and really liked my six students. They overlooked my pathetic attempts at even hearing the tones in their language, and are all so eager to try new things! Of course, we're making them go eat dim dim with us today so we can know how far off the mark our local place is! Two or three of the six are from southern China and claim dim sum as their own, so we'll see. Seriously, so much fun. The energy in the place from 300 smart and curious newcomers was amazing!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #25937
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I like popcorn, but my son really likes popcorn. I buy it in 4 lb. bags -- the largest the local stores carry (and only one of them, at that) -- but I buy three or four at a time.
I use olive oil in a pump sprayer.
The pump sprayer is a great tool. There is no real need to drown the popcorn just to pop it, and the spray gives enough flavor without all the extra calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Coffee WAS in my cup, but it's long gone now. I got in late last night from serving as one of the table hosts for a banquet welcoming 300 (!) Chinese students to the local engineering college. I had so much fun, and really liked my six students.
Mixing into new cultures is one of the most enjoyable reasons I love living in the Far East. Tonight we ate dinner at an Indian food vendor's tables, eating Murtabac, samosas, and tandoori chicken. Because it's large outdoor tables, we were sharing a table with a Chinese tourist couple and two Thai college students. We all had a ball trying to understand each other; 2 Chinese, 2 Thai, 1 Japanese, 1 American... all eating Indian food. This is the way the world 'should' work!

We followed it up with a 10K walk home, and now.... Bombay Sapphire just to keep the Indian mood alive!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #25938
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Wow. Just a little over the projected time..
Attachment 109567

Even though, it is fun to explore new places.

Sweet tea in my cup.
That's exactly the route we took! Along with about 80% of population of Europe

Back home in the UK now. Sauvignon Blanc in my glass.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #25939
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Running late today. I like that! It means I'm finally adjusting to Thai living. No clocks! I have Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea in my cup, a bowl of rice, pad pet kaeng, northern Thai sausage, and a one-egg veggie omelet, all from the Food Lady, and it looks as if this is going to be another good day!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #25940
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
This afternoon was the final performance of the Chamber Music Festival, and I had to go by myself, since it was mostly newer pieces and my DW is of the Beethoven or before school. Turned out to be the best performance of the series. Sad, though, since there really won't be any good chamber music here until January when we're going to do the full Beethoven Sonata cycle over the weekend. We already bought our pass!

Lots of water today, along with a glass of a cheap bubbly before the performance.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #25941
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
That's exactly the route we took! Along with about 80% of population of Europe

Back home in the UK now. Sauvignon Blanc in my glass.
Welcome home.

Empty cup, water bottle by my side, and trying to decide if I want to make a fresh cup of coffee.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #25942
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Coffee dregs - must replenish !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #25943
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Camel's Breath Puerh
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #25944
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
A lunchtime Coke Zero.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #25945
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A lunchtime Phoenix Mountain Oolong
Old 08-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #25946
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fresh coffee in my cup.
*I don't think I like my new Gevalia Royal Vinter coffee. It just doesn't have the deep, bold flavor that I like.*
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #25947
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First tea of the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #25948
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Fresh coffee in my cup.
*I don't think I like my new Gevalia Royal Vinter coffee. It just doesn't have the deep, bold flavor that I like.*
Try Peet's Major Dickason's. For deep bold flavour, I think it's one of the best out there. (And you don't need a local Peet's, they do a thriving mail order business.)

In my cup: Peet's Phoenix Mountain Oolong.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #25949
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I had to smile the other morning when we took some of the Chinese students out for dim sum. The first question was what kind of tea we wanted at the table, and the three girls chattered among themselves and with the server with great seriousness. I think we ended up with jasmine tea, and they drank cup after cup (and pot after pot). It was fun letting them take the lead on what we ate, although we passed on the chicken feet since I was the only American at the table willing to try it. They did ply me with sesame balls made of sticky rice and bean paste, and yep, those are a new favorite!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #25950
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I had to smile the other morning when we took some of the Chinese students out for dim sum. The first question was what kind of tea we wanted at the table, and the three girls chattered among themselves and with the server with great seriousness. I think we ended up with jasmine tea, and they drank cup after cup (and pot after pot). It was fun letting them take the lead on what we ate, although we passed on the chicken feet since I was the only American at the table willing to try it. They did ply me with sesame balls made of sticky rice and bean paste, and yep, those are a new favorite!
Are no bodily parts safe?

Sounds like you're having a ball interacting with your students!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?