Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-06-2005, 06:12 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
BatteryUniversity practical battery knowledge

BatteryUniversity.com is an on-line resource that provides practical battery knowledge for engineers, educators, students and battery users alike. The papers address battery chemistries, best battery choices and ways to make your battery last longer.

Nevermind the fact that the site is sponsered by battery analyzer and charger maker Cadex Electronics, it is a wonderful free resource for everyone who is concerned with the right treatment of their gadget batteries (a topic that can lead to endless discussions because even battery vendors don't seem to always agree on this).

[via BBHub]
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I actually gave up caring too much about my batteries. The best thing vendors could do nowadays is to allow us to replace the internal battery once it becomes old or too weak.

Unfortunately, most PalmOne devices still don't use replacable batteries.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
StuBear
StuBear began at the beginning.

Device: Zaurus SL-C1000
I would never buy a device without a replacable battery.

That's one of the pluses of the Zaurus line of PDAs (that and the 640x320 awesome screen). They use lithium batteries that stand up better than NiCad batteries to the continual charge-use-charge-use-charge cycle.

Stu
StuBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:12 AM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
For your iSilo-ing pleasure...

I've been on an iSilo kick lately, mainly trying to learn about the program and get better at the settings. So, here is an .IXL (that anyone could've made, I know) that will convert the site into a 4MB file (no off-site links, no "German" language sites).

I tried to upload the converted file, but apparently 4MB is a bit much.

Enjoy.
POL9A
Attached Files
File Type: ixl BatteryUniversity.com.ixl (2.9 KB, 590 views)
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote