Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #61
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think 2gig is a good thing. Adding in an SD card will use even more battery life.
For me, I agree. I have only put an SD card in my Kindle thus far to do some calibre testing. Other than that, internal memory is more than enough.

Especially since all your Kindle books are "in the cloud"... you don't need to store them all locally. Sort of like being able to use gmail on your Netbook that has a 4GB drive. You store most everything on the so called "cloud".

However, do see that some people might want more. But, really, 1.5 GB of books is a damn lot of books.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Well, if they had kept the replaceable battery, that wouldn't be an issue, now would it?
According to the manual the battery is replaceable.

BOb
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #63
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I have about 500 books on my 4 G SD and they barely register on it. I don't think it'll be a problem, actually. I was concerned that they would not give some souped up storage on the mkII.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #64
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
According to the manual the battery is replaceable.

BOb
Linky to manual please? The page I saw just said 'rechargeable' battery.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #65
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i knew you'd be happy about that. (also : "son of a duck" ??? )
I was excited when I saw that she voted in my "fugly kindle" poll.

YEA!

BOb
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #66
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Second the link request to the Kindle 2 manual.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #67
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Well, if they had kept the replaceable battery, that wouldn't be an issue, now would it?

I have a 4GB card, and have had no, none, zero nada, battery issues.

Its not important what you or Jeff Bezos thinks. Whats important is that people are allowed to make their own choices.

And they've just taken another one away. BAH!

But that's the whole idea of the Kindle. Make it so easy that you'll only use it the way they want you to. Choices, atonthehead: you don't need choices...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #68
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Second the link request to the Kindle 2 manual.
Kindle users guide and about your kindle guide under 'technical details"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Old 02-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #69
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
now we just have to wonder whether this means you will be able to buy kindle books without a kindle.
I assumed it means you will be able to buy and read "Kindle" ebooks if you have the right kind of smart phone, but you are right that there are alternative interpretations.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #70
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Thanks!

(Should have looked my own lazy self)

Quote:
Kindle users guide and about your kindle guide under 'technical details"
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #71
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle/Kindle2_Users_Guide.pdf

BOb
Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #72
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

I don't even see how the back can be taken off!

If I'm not seeing something, please tell me.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #73
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I don't even see how the back can be taken off!

If I'm not seeing something, please tell me.
I don't know how to do it, but the last page of the manual says the batter is replaceable. So, I assume that means the user can do it.

Then again I didn't see anything in the manual that tells you how to change it.

BOb
Old 02-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #74
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Easily enough...

pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #75
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
the text to speech doesn't interest me at all, I find those voices robotic and annoying
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote