Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 04-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Brown, Fredric.: The Screaming Mimi. v1. 29 April 08

This title was released under a Creative Commons License, with additional acknowledgement placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

The Screaming Mimi is one Fredric Brown's most accomplished books.

It's a masterpiece of the hard-boiled school of detective writing.

Here's a quote from one source:

"Over-the-top and much-beloved thriller starring Bill Sweeney, an ace reporter with a other-worldly drinking problem who gets mixed-up with a naked woman as the latter is trying to avoid becoming the fourth victim of a local serial killer ("The Ripper.") Surprising elements include an insame asylum, a bum named "God," and the little statue that ties everything together."

This is a wonderful novel, full of Brown's quirky characters and off-beat situations.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-23-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Prefix
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
this looks brilliant. i won't bother you for a mobi version, since apparently i can get it at munsey's, but thanks for the tip.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
this looks brilliant. i won't bother you for a mobi version, since apparently i can get it at munsey's, but thanks for the tip.
Hi, Zelda_pinwheel:

I love Brown's writing and will add all I can find as they become available.

I do plan to start working on releasing other versions, most notably a Mobi version. In fact, I just downloaded some programs a couple of days ago and have started to play with them.

This will be one of the first of the books I've assembled that I want to make available in different formats.

I hope you enjoy Brown. He's such an offbeat writer; I think that's why I like him so much.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I love Brown's writing and will add all I can find as they become available.

I do plan to start working on releasing other versions, most notably a Mobi version. In fact, I just downloaded some programs a couple of days ago and have started to play with them.

This will be one of the first of the books I've assembled that I want to make available in different formats.
oh well in that case, i'll just wait.
Quote:
I hope you enjoy Brown. He's such an offbeat writer; I think that's why I like him so much.
looking forward to reading him. offbeat is always a plus, as far as i'm concerned.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I've always like Brown's amusing and weird science fiction, but I've never read any of his crime detective stuff. I am looking forward to it!

Thanks, Dr.!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
frico
frico began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600 sony
Great read

I enjoyed this book, and look forward for more from this author.

Thank you for formatting this one, and hopefully many more to come!
frico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks Don! I've never heard of Brown before, and I see that there are a number of his available at Munsey's. So I've downloaded this and Clipjoint.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote