Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Formatting issue

I'm using Sigil 0.5.3, and I'm coming across something odd.

I edit my ePub file, to have spaces between a set of quotes...for instance:

Code:
"all the world is a stage"
-author

"Love trouble will burst your bubble"
-author

And when I view it in Calibre everything looks fine. But when I transfer the ePub to my Nook Color...or Android Phone...or any other reading software, the spaces end up not being there. I have no idea what is going on.

It would look like this
Code:
"all the world is a stage"
-author
"Love trouble will burst your bubble"
-author
I can email the epub to anyone if they are able to take a look at it...it's a copy-written work so I don't want to just post it, but I'm confused as to why this is happening.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In order too keep the first post clean, here is what the page looks like in Sigil Code:

Code:
 <style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/

@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }

br.sgc-7 {display: block;}
  span.sgc-6 {font-size: 1em;}
  span.sgc-5 {font-size: 1em; font-style: italic;}
  p.sgc-4 {display: block; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; text-align: justify;}
  p.sgc-3 {display: block; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; text-align: center}
  span.sgc-2 {font-size: 1em; font-style: normal}
  p.sgc-1 {font-style: italic}

span.sgc-8 {font-style: normal;}
  /*]]>*/
  </style>
</head>

<body class="calibre">
  <div class="mbppagebreak" id="calibre_pb_5"></div>

<p class="calibre4"><span class="calibre5">&nbsp;</span></p>

<p class="calibre4"></p>

<p class="calibre6"></p>

<h1 class="sgc sigilNotInTOC" id="heading_id_2"><span class="calibre2"><a class="calibre10" id="filepos13721"><br class="calibre3" /></a></span></h1>

<div class="calibre12" id="calibre_pb_2"></div>

<h1 class="sgc" id="heading_id_2"><span class="calibre2"><a class="calibre10" id="filepos13721">PART ONE</a></span></h1>

<h1 class="sgc1 sigilNotInTOC" id="heading_id_2"><span class="calibre2"><a class="calibre10" id="filepos13721"></a></span><span class="sgc2">LUCKY IS HE WHO HAS SUCH A FRIEND</span></h1>

<p class="calibre6"><span class="calibre13"><br class="calibre3" /></span></p>

<p class="calibre4"></p>

<p class="calibre4"></p>

<p class="calibre4"><span class="calibre5">&nbsp;</span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-1"><br /></p>

<p class="calibre6"></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre14 sgc-2">Love trouble</span></p>

<p class="calibre4 sgc-4"></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre14 sgc-5">will burst your bubble</span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre14 sgc-5">boys!</span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre5 sgc-6"><span class="sgc-8">-Siw Malmkvist,</span> "Love Trouble"</span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre5 sgc-6 sgc-8">trans. Laurie Thompson</span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre5 sgc-6"><br /></span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre5 sgc-6"><br /></span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre14 sgc-5">I never wanted to kill. lam not naturally evil</span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre14 sgc-5">Such things I do&nbsp;just to make myselfmore attractive to you.</span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre14 sgc-5">Have I failed!</span></p>

<p class="calibre6 sgc-3"><span class="calibre5 sgc-6"><span class="sgc-8">-Morrissey,</span> "The Last of The Famous International Playboys"</span></p>

<p class="calibre4"></p>

<div class="calibre7"></div>
</body>
</html>
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Empty p elements will rarely create a space on any ADE based eReader.
Code:
Try:
Code:
<p class="calibre4 sgc-4"><br /></p>
or:
Code:
<p class="calibre4 sgc-4">&nbsp;</p>
instead.

Or better yet, create another css class that applies a "margin-top: xx" value, that can be assigned to paragraphs that need space between them and the preceding paragraph(s).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard

PERFECT!!! Thanks so much!!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You're welcome.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert