Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
bobmcc81
Kindle Newb
bobmcc81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I found a CHEAP Kindle Case in a Pinch

Kindle Newb here and as I searched for a real case I was paranoid about scratching my new baby up so I rummaged around in the garage and found a Bank Deposit like zipper bag that has the name HUSKY on it. I remember picking it up at Home depot for 1.99.

Not the best padding on the inside but the Kindle actually fits in there fairly well, width is perfect but the bag is a little long.

Anyway, until my M-Edge came in I used it in more than one trip to the coffee shop and throwing it in my back pack.

Bob
bobmcc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
bobmcc81
Kindle Newb
bobmcc81 began at the beginning.

Here's the same thing except the Home Depot has branded theirs with the HUSKY logo they own.

https://www.shop4officeproducts.com/...=MMF2340416W38
bobmcc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
gatorfan
gatorfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Jetbook
I'm in the same boat as you. I have a M-Edge Prodigy on the way (even though I paid expedited shipping, it hasn't arrived yet).

So until then I obtained some 3M Scotch brand 6"X9" bubble mailers (local Walgreens) for $0.39 each.

The mailer has bubble wrap integrated in the construction. I just wrote "Kindle" on the outside in magic marker so that no one at home would throuw it away.

Looks like it will be pretty good temporary protection until the M-Edge arrives.
gatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
microgiraffe
microgiraffe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Smile Borrowed from my Netbook / Graphics Tablet

I'm using the neoprene sleeve (8.9" Belkin) I originally bought for my netbook. Kept my Wacom tablet in it after I bought a case that could hold netbook, charger, tablet+pen+cable, etc.

It's not a a snug fit--wasn't a snug fit for the Wacom Bamboo either--but it'll do until I stop being so indecisive about which Kindle case to buy.
microgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
If anyone is interested in a Kindle case, I can vouch for the leather case with booklight for the kindle 3 sold at amazon. It is fantastic.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Lighted...6892117&sr=8-1
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Amaz...1&sr=8-1-spell

amazing cheap cases, and this guy ships fast
it's EVA - so like flexible plastic/vinyl on the outside, padded interior.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
If anyone is interested in a Kindle case, I can vouch for the leather case with booklight for the kindle 3 sold at amazon. It is fantastic.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Lighted...6892117&sr=8-1
I second this case it is excellant. If your are on the fence regarding this case just by it from a local brick and morter store, and if you don't like it just return it. No Gamble on the purchase and heck Target even give the buyer 90 days to return their purchases. How can you go wrong with that arrangement.
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
Quaz
Quaz began at the beginning.

Excellent idea

Perfect for those seeking a cheap /less expensive option to keep their Kindles free from scratch threat. Amazon's were all more than I needed to spend. @gatorfan The bubble mailer is also a great solution worth a mention. Just ordered a zipper bank bag. With shipping, it ran ~8 bucks. Got the bubble mailer on right now as she charges. DIY/HIPSTER THANKS!

Last edited by Quaz; 01-07-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Quaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
jemyers77
jemyers77 began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 6" EZ-Reader; Kobo wireless; PB 360; Kindle4; Pocketbook Pro
My wife made me a simple sleeve for my K4SO using some extra flannel fabric she had laying around. Didn't take her long to make. The sleeve protects the screen from scratches but adds almost no weight or bulk. With the sleeve on, I can easily slip the K4SO into a pants or jacket pocket. Good solution IMO.
jemyers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
E Bay has a lot of covers on sale for very cheap prices - I got one for a Kindle for about $7US (inc postage) that fits my IRiver HD perfectly (DO read the measurements carefully!). It is bright red, looks like leather (but is probably fake leather) and has slots for credit cards etc. For the price it was very good value - I've seen plenty of $30-40 covers and cases that weren't as attractive and well made.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote