Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #16
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
JosieB--Just to be clear--MartyTX is referring to the gestures options within Marvin (not under the iPad general settings). When you click on the "Aa" at the top of the screen, choose "Gestures" and make sure the "Brightness and warmth swipe up/down" is turned off. If this is on, then swiping up or down within Marvin will change the brightness. I like this, but do frequently end up changing the brightness accidentally. I use swiping left/right to turn pages and if the iPad recognizes my swipe as up/down instead of left/right, Marvin's brightness changes.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #17
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
In your setting app, is auto-brightness on? Fast theme switching has nothing to do with brightness.
Yes it was, could that have been the problem?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #18
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
JosieB--Just to be clear--MartyTX is referring to the gestures options within Marvin (not under the iPad general settings). When you click on the "Aa" at the top of the screen, choose "Gestures" and make sure the "Brightness and warmth swipe up/down" is turned off. If this is on, then swiping up or down within Marvin will change the brightness. I like this, but do frequently end up changing the brightness accidentally. I use swiping left/right to turn pages and if the iPad recognizes my swipe as up/down instead of left/right, Marvin's brightness changes.
The "Brightness and warmth swipe up/down" is turned off, I have these settings. Or at least I think it's turned off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	430.5 KB
ID:	120568  
Old 03-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
The "Brightness and warmth swipe up/down" is turned off, I have these settings. Or at least I think it's turned off.
Yep, swiping is turned off in your attachment.

The auto-brightness that MeSue mentioned could indeed be the problem if you move from dim to bright (or vice versa) reading environments. The auto feature changes overall iPad brightness including Marvin's settings. It's like using the Control Center.

On my iPad Mini non-Retina, I think auto-brightness is quirky (or my house has gremlins). I turned it off after a week and have kept it off.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #20
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Double posted ... sorry.

Last edited by MartyTX; 03-20-2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Got double-posted ... sorry.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #21
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Yes, swiping is turned off in your attachment.

The auto-brightness that MeSue mentioned could indeed be the problem if you move from dim to bright (or vice versa) reading environments. The auto feature changes overall iPad brightness including Marvin's settings. It's like using the Control Center.

On my iPad Mini non-Retina, I think auto-brightness is quirky (or my house has gremlins). I turned it off after a week and have kept it off.
Now I've turned off Auto Brightness in the settings Marvin's brightness seems to stay put. I've only had my mini for a few days so hadn't realised it was on.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #22
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Auto-brightness changes the device brightness according to the ambient lighting. So if you turn your iPad toward a bright lamp it will bump up the brightness. Glad you found the culprit.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #23
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
JosieB--Glad you got it sorted out! Enjoy your new mini!!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #24
MartyTX
Dedicated

JosieB,

Enjoy your new iPad and Marvin.

I've "retired" my Nook ST and use the iPad Mini for all my ereading.