Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #46
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Nor do you want to do the research yourself, you seem to expect an answer
handed to you. My reply suggested a means for you to get the information
you are requesting, but that would involve some effort on your part.

I consider my reply to have been a "helpful contribution". I do not agree
with your assumptions that would motivate me to do that research. If you
are still actually seeking that information, you might consider the potential
sources I mentioned. If that effort is too much for you, who sees it as of
value, why would you expect me to spend my time and resources to do it
for you?

Also, there is no "perfect" device, anymore than there is a "Best" device.

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; I don't know about the others but Ectaco has a pretty good record of
continuing efforts and firmware releases that have significantly improved the
jetBooks. They were even one of the first to have Adobe Reader Mobile 9.1.1
working on a dedicated reader. Now they have a completely new firmware and
software suite tailoring a brand new device to the academic market, all before
the general release of of the device itself. So Ectaco seems to have the
programming capability needed and a history of using it.

Some people like it complicated.
I asked a question hoping for an answer. I did not expect anyone to do researches for me and my research was posing the question: normal procedure, because I intend to buy a Jetbook Color.

Your P.S. would have been sufficient ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #47
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Some people like it complicated.
I asked a question hoping for an answer. I did not expect anyone to do researches for me and my research was posing the question: normal procedure, because I intend to buy a Jetbook Color.

Your P.S. would have been sufficient ...
The problem wasn't with your question but with the nature of your objection to my reply. I also found the suggestion that the advice I provided was just an attempt, on my part, to avoid saying that "I don't know", as annoying. I prefer to avoid posting anything when I have nothing to base the post on. Even a post of pure opinion would have to be based on some actual related
experience.

Your response to my reply sounded a lot like you resented being provided a
means to obtain an answer to your question, instead of the instant
gratification, you feel entitled to.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #48
melajara
melajara began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook color, Kindle DX Gen 3, Kindle Gen 3, Nook simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Here's a reasonable photo of that document with the margins cut off. The text is still small, but I suspect it's small if you print it on paper too.

And I can assure you that black and white text looks the same whether or not there is colour anywhere on the same page.

Attachment 82425

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

This sounds convincing to me, so I did the plunge and just ordered an Ectaco Jetbook color
melajara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #49
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Here's a reasonable photo of that document with the margins cut off. The text is still small, but I suspect it's small if you print it on paper too.

And I can assure you that black and white text looks the same whether or not there is colour anywhere on the same page.

Andrew
Thanks for the picture!
I can definitely see ghosting on it and the "white" is so un-homogenious! It looks to me like a very old TV-set where you can distinguish pixels...

I'm very disappointed with the screen.
Don't think JBC would make it to the "Final"
Looks like there is only one option - Onyx Boox M92 (in Black).
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #50
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Do know that the image is zoomed in at levels you won't even get close to seeing with your bare eyes!

As I can see it, the reader is photographed with about a 5x zoom factor.
Zoom out to about 20% of the image size, and you'll see how it looks in real life.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote