Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Tricky
Tricky began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
calibre can't upload books to device

for some reason, the 0.7.13 win 7 version of calibre can't upload books to my prs 700.

it just hangs there, after 20 mins of uploading a 0.4 MB file, I just had to manually close it, it's deleting files fine from the device, but sending them is a nightmare now
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There haven't been any changes that affect sending to device in 0.7.13. But still downgrade to 0.7.12 and see if that fixes it. Previous versions of calibre are available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
itsmattxp
itsmattxp began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have the same problem for both versions of Calibre on my Nook. It'll upload a certain % of the book and then just stop at that %.
itsmattxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
Tricky
Tricky began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
I'm beginning to think this has something to do with the metadata... It hangs after sending the book to the device, the book is there, but the metadata isn't
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
I'm beginning to think this has something to do with the metadata... It hangs after sending the book to the device, the book is there, but the metadata isn't
Try running calibre in debug mode, which will produce a detailed log showing (at least) where calibre is spending its time. Having the log will help me figure out what is going on.

To run in debug mode:
1) Unplug your 700
2) open a command box (start, run, type cmd, OK)
3) Type "cd \" (no quotes)
4) Type "calibre-debug -g > caldebug.txt 2>&1"
5) Calibre should now be running. Plug in your 700 and send a book. Wait as long as you are willing, but not longer than a couple of minutes.
6) Stop calibre however you must. You should get a prompt on the command line.
7) Post the file c:\caldebug.txt here. It would be good to zip it first.
8) Delete the caldebug.txt file, as well as the zip file if you made one.

The log shouldn't contain any personal information other than the name of the book you sent and possibly some series names. Look at the file before posting it if you have any concerns about what might be in it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote