Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
hoermal
Enthusiast
hoermal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505 und Kindle 2
clock shows the wrong time

Hello,

my kindle clock shows the wrong time - how can i change it?

Thanks
hoermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:58 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid you can't - it gets the time from the mobile phone network automatically.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Has the wireless been off? If so, leave wireless on for a while so that it will sync with the network.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
If it does not change the date when wireless is active, you can do it manually installing USB Networking Hack and then connecting Kindle via Telnet and then typing "date" linux command.

However, if you aren't a linux man (or woman), better continue with date wrong.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoermal View Post
Hello,

my kindle clock shows the wrong time - how can i change it?

Thanks
If nothing else works, try calling CS.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
edge777
Kindle Enthusiastic
edge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2 International
I have the same thing. Time is right, but the time zone is off by 6 hours (I'm -6, and I pretty sure it's on UMT time). So, I've contacted customer service and they're not much help. I've hacked my Kindle so far with numerous hacks, but not sure I want to get into the USB hack and the Linux command line quite yet.
edge777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
edge777
Kindle Enthusiastic
edge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Turn off the wireless for a few minutes and then open them again. The time should reset to the right one
Not on mine. There does seem to be a time zone issue for some Kindles. I've had two Kindle Internationals here in Mexico City, and both show GMT. The customer service rep wants me to completely reset my Kindle. I'll think about it, but after all the hacks I have set-up, my Kindle is exactly how I want it (minus the wrong time zone...).
edge777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #8
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
There's a clock?!!??
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
There's a clock?!!??
Yes, press the menu key and then look in the middle of the top line (ie left of the battery and wireless status icons).
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
finn
finn began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story HD, kindle 2
I had this problem, in Australia with an international version of the K-2. Kindle support had me go to the settings page, type in 311, and select a different network provider. This fixed the local timezone offset issue, and the date issue (my list of recently viewed books was at the very end of the booklist, my kindle was back in the 70's).

Of course, if travelling, they told me I had to go do the 311 thing again and switch to automatic network selection, otherwise whispernet will not work.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #11
hoermal
Enthusiast
hoermal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505 und Kindle 2
Thanks a lot - that solved the problem!
hoermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
oilcitysis
oilcitysis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
clock time fix

Good morning everyone.
I was having trouble with the time zone on my Kindle 2.
I am in Florida and it was 4 hours off. I called amazons help line and they checked my address. It wasn't registered to the kindle. This corrected the problem right away. So instead of getting frustrated and trying other suggested (forum) fixes just call amazon and ask them to check that the address is registered to your kindle. Have a great week.

Hope this was helpful.
oilcitysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Shit, another thing to worry about.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #14
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas777 View Post
Yes, press the menu key and then look in the middle of the top line (ie left of the battery and wireless status icons).
Is there a way to make the clock display constantly rather than just with the menu open?
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Is there a way to make the clock display constantly rather than just with the menu open?
No.

On an e-ink screen, keeping just one small portion refreshed continually isn't a great idea
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote