Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Text in bold all the time.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen since I started using the Kindle. Bought this book on Amazon ...

http://www.amazon.com/Build-Database...9470434&sr=1-3

... the fonts are always in bold mode. I though was my Kindle but looks the same on iPad. Here is the weird part: playing around with font size, like bigger or smaller, fixed the problem. But after a few pages, the font is bold again. I also noticed that when I press on any word, iPad of course, a Chinese word appears instead of the meaning of the word.

Has someone seen something like this before? Not sure if return the book, complain or what, because is a nice book, but the bold bothers me a bit.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Sounds like a formatting problem. You could strip the DRM, convert to HTML, fix the formatting, and convert back to Kindle format. Or, return the book for a refund, while complaining about the formatting.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Just got off the phone with Amazon customer support. LOVE AMAZON ;-)

She followed the same exercise with me and basically confirmed what I said. It is clearly a formatting problem so they gave me my money back but promised to check with publisher and let me know.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote