Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
PE is forced to rollback to 1.6

today pe notify that there's a update, and I do it, then I find that the system is rollback to 1.6( I am at 2.2 before update).

Anyone has the same situation?

Does it mean that we don't need to upgrade anymore since the company is close down?

All the best!
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Oh, I don't like that idea! Plz2b leaving my 2.2 alone company that doesn't exist anymore!
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
tigerszheng, is your eDGe rooted? If so there is a strange problem that seems to occur with those that have rooted in which they receive update notifications that when applied can have strange effects on the system(as such I and others have been avoiding them).
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
One can turn update notifications off.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Postmortem update:

http://www.mediabistro.com/ebooknews...-update_b12037
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
I think it was found that this "update" is the same as what most people have who signed up for the beta, most sites are just noticing it now because entourage put up a support article on their site for users who couldn't access their account any more in order to add themselves to the beta. Everyone running ermine should be running .9...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
my one is rooted. I reupdate to ermine last night and I disable update check. that will be easy for me since the company is down.
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
And if a final version ever does come out, you will hear about it here.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #9
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I turned off the updates, and notification of the false ones in Settings - eDGe Preferences - Default Device Preferences and un-checked Automatically Check For Updates.

Maybe if someone starts working on finishing Froyo/Ermine, we can change the Update Location setting to check for updates again? Otherwise, that one can be wiped too.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote