Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #301
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixnaps View Post
Thanks, yeah I used PaperCrop in the end. I was just puzzled because in this case the blank space IS in the middle of the page. If you look at the output PNGs, the left one is wider than the right. So PDFread isn't splitting the page evenly in this case.
Interesting, you're right, that PDFRead isn't splitting the page down the center line.

I'll look into it, but in the meantime, just select 'no-cropping' in the GUI or '--no-crop' in the comand-line and that will at least show you that it DOES work for that case.

I suspect that the cropped margins are being used incorrectly somehow when determining where to split the page...

Last edited by nrapallo; 08-30-2009 at 12:29 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #302
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
hi!

just got my 505 2 days ago and tried to convert a pdf into lrf
it worked really fine excpet of the page resolution

tried with prs-505 profile in landscape mode with 583x753 (like described on fitst page) and its not fitting the screen
then i tried 600x800 (which should be native resolution) but it was also too small

so the size settings cant be pixels

what size do i need for my 505??
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #303
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floeee View Post
hi!

just got my 505 2 days ago and tried to convert a pdf into lrf
it worked really fine excpet of the page resolution

tried with prs-505 profile in landscape mode with 583x753 (like described on fitst page) and its not fitting the screen
then i tried 600x800 (which should be native resolution) but it was also too small

so the size settings cant be pixels

what size do i need for my 505??
It's probably an error using the right profile and output format combination.

Can you take a snapshot of the GUI screen options you used to create the .lrf and attach it here?

If you can email me your input .pdf file, I can check it for you to see if anything is not working with that file. Just send it to nrapallo @ yahoo.ca .
Old 08-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #304
Floeee
Groupie

its a free magazine which you cant buy until now

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/ezine/aug09_issue.html

there you can download it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pdfreadsettings.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	35201  
Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #305
nrapallo

Quote:
its a free magazine which you cant buy until now

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/ezine/aug09_issue.html

there you can download it
Oooh, computer graphics, my primary area of interest in the Computer Science undergrad degree I got from the University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada (home of RIM - makers of the Blackberry).

I did some sample conversions of the first 5 pages (pdftk didn't recognize how many pages the .pdf had so I had to manually enter "67" at the dos prompt) and didn't see anything wrong with your settings (-Floee override.lrf) or the default ones (-Default profile.lrf) or even the one overriding the dimensions (-583x753 override.lrf).

However, as I don't have a Sony Reader (yet), please try these and report if there are any issues.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GUI-settings-Floeee.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	35223  
Attached Files
File Type: lrf cgarena_aug-sep09_magazine-Floeee override.lrf (448.3 KB, 523 views)
File Type: lrf cgarena_aug-sep09_magazine-Default profile.lrf (452.4 KB, 508 views)
File Type: lrf cgarena_aug-sep09_magazine-583x753 override.lrf (624.8 KB, 507 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 08-31-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:20 PM   #306
Floeee
Groupie

soooo

at first, thank you very much for investing your time

- both override settings, does the same as my settings do
- with default profile its also too small and its turned into wrong direction (left)
Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #307
nrapallo

Quote:
soooo

at first, thank you very much for investing your time

- both override settings, does the same as my settings do
- with default profile its also too small and its turned into wrong direction (left)
Ok, let's try again.

The attached images are what I see when viewing '-Floeee override.lrf' on my computer screen.

When you view it using a software .lrf viewer (calibre viewer or Sony software) what do you see that isn't being displayed properly on the Sony PRS-505? What exactly is not displaying properly, resolution-wise.

BTW, if the text is too tiny or blurry, then that is a whole other issue i.e. converting .pdf pages to legible images.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre viewer-Floeee-page5.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	35224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony Software-Floeee-page4-5.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	35225  

Last edited by nrapallo; 08-31-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:49 PM   #308
Floeee
Groupie

no text is fine, but it could be a bit larger
and its possible, because there a white stripes on the sides
i think that it should fit the screen

at the first of your pictures it fit, but not on the second
thats what i mean
and if i change font to medium, there disappears something of the text on the side
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	whatisee.JPG
Views:	591
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	35226  
Old 08-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #309
nrapallo

Quote:
but not on the second
thats what i mean
and if i change font to medium, there disappears something of the text on the side
This is the way the second appears on my computer; it gets cut-off as my screen resolution isn't supersized. However, it shouldn't affect how the Sony PRS-505 Reader sees it.

So, your hardware Reader sees the same thing as my image below or yours above? Can anyone else verify what's displayed on the Sony Reader's screen for these files? Any snapshots available from the Reader itself...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	35228  
Old 08-31-2009, 06:34 PM   #310
Floeee
Groupie

yes it is displaying the same as on the screenshots for nearly every page
Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 AM   #311
anirudh215
anirudh215 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hello. I used PDFRead to convert a book into prc format for my kindle 2. The problem is that after the whole thing is over, I get a whole bunch of images in a folder somewhere with a .html/.htm file. Why is this? Why don't I get a prc file? Is there anyway to make these images into prc from here?
anirudh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #312
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh215 View Post
Hello. I used PDFRead to convert a book into prc format for my kindle 2. The problem is that after the whole thing is over, I get a whole bunch of images in a folder somewhere with a .html/.htm file. Why is this? Why don't I get a prc file? Is there anyway to make these images into prc from here?
When that folder pops up like that, it means the conversion failed somehow. The dos windows should have some information or try double-clicking that .html produced to see if it looks ok in your browser?

Can you post the .pdf for me to try or indicate what the dos window's messages are (take a snapshot of it and post it here).

Also, try rebooting and/or cleaning out your temp directory to see if that helps.

p.s. You do have the NRhtml2mobi.zip update file installed in the bin directory, right?
Old 09-07-2009, 06:03 AM   #313
anirudh215
anirudh215 began at the beginning.

Hi,
I see. No, I cannot post the PDF here for copyright reasons. Basically, I let the full conversion take place. After it's all done, it says Mobipocket book created, press any key to continue. However I find no book. I don't know what file link that is. What is it? What is bin directory? I'm sorry, I'm not very savvy with these things.

EDIT: After messing around a bit, I found the bin directory and pasted the file in it's place.

Last edited by anirudh215; 09-07-2009 at 06:07 AM.
anirudh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #314
Barbayar
Barbayar began at the beginning.

Hi guys, I am fresh man using Kindle. I tried to convert my pdf file to prc file. When, It was perfect cutted and after I see the temp files(html and png files) there were no blank pages. But when I put the prc file into kindle it appears some blank pages in that ebook.So what can i do for that?
Barbayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #315
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbayar View Post
Hi guys, I am fresh man using Kindle. I tried to convert my pdf file to prc file. When, It was perfect cutted and after I see the temp files(html and png files) there were no blank pages. But when I put the prc file into kindle it appears some blank pages in that ebook.So what can i do for that?
Ensure you are using the latest NRhtml2mobi.exe for the best possible .prc.

Then see this post for a possible answer. Then read a few posts before that one to get a feel for what tests were done to arrive at this conclusion. So basically, use 480x622 for the width and height to get rid of that blank page bug.

Hope this helps!