Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 10-26-2014, 05:55 AM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Building libiMobileDevice and missing dependencies

Hello Kovid

We are trying to get Calibre and the IOS plugins working for IOS 8.

I am following your instructions for building libimobiledevice for Windows https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...vice_notes.rst.

Some of the libraries (e.g., libxml2.lib) you mention are not in the GitHub branch, so I was wondering where I should get them from?

I have already build libimodiledevice using VS2012, and I ended up building the missing dependencies from source (which is in GitHub). Anyway, Calibre fails to launch with my new libimodiledevice.

So I am now following your instructions more closely using VS2008. I have got as far a libplist, but I do not have a libxml2.lib (unless I build it from source, which may not be what you intended).

PS I do not have a Calibre dev environment.

Thanks
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
windows/notes.rst in the calibre source tree tells you how to build all the third party libraries calibre uses, including libxml
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Ah I see. But rather than trying to build libxml from source I have now instead created the libxml2.lib from libxml2.dll in the Calibre install. Easier for me and links in OK.

Thanks anyway.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote