Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 04:54 AM   #1
sheilalayoli
sheilalayoli began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader pRS 505, Amazon kindle DX
Delete files in PC not equal to delete in Sony reader 505

Hello to all,

Sometimes when I delete files in the PC (by ebook library or the windows explorer) I realised they are not delete form the Sony Reader, I have not found a way to directly delete on the Sony, so if I want to delete these files in the sony I need to format the internal memory.

Do it happen to any of you? Myabe I am doing something wrong, please tell me. thnak you
sheilalayoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Are you experiencing this when you're deleting files from collections? I ask because deleting a file out of a collection list only deletes the list entry in the collection itself, rather than the actual book from the Reader's memory (this confused me terribly until I realized it was so).

If you're deleting the book from the main Reader entry, or from the "Books" list on the Reader (I don't mean the one under the Library entry), and the book is still staying on the Reader, then I'd think that there's definitely something wrong, and you probably ought to talk to the customer support folks.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
I am not sure if this can help you, but I can delete a book from the reader. While I am in ebook library with the reader connect to the connect via USB. I click on the reader on the left side of the library, highlight the book I want to delete from the list, click on edit on the top or right click your mouse and select delete. The book is then deleted. I know this because the book no longer shows in the reader and the memory availability increases. For collections, sorry I do not know.
tdanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
sheilalayoli
sheilalayoli began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader pRS 505, Amazon kindle DX
Thnak your ofr your answers, No iI do not ahve collections and neither It works when I use your way to delete files.

It only happen some times ( 3 or 4 in two months use), I think I will have to live with that
sheilalayoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
I have not found a way to directly delete on the Sony
To delete a book directly from the Sony, just locate the book you want to delete in the book list, select it, then in the book menu select "utilities" then "delete book".
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
To delete a book directly from the Sony, just locate the book you want to delete in the book list, select it, then in the book menu select "utilities" then "delete book".
That was only added in the 1.1 firmware, which came after the original poster's question! :-)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote