Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
KPW slow page turning

My jailbroken KPW seems to turn the pages visibly slower than my K3 did, even to the point where I'm not sure the page turn tap has registered, so I give it a second tap, and then (in it's own sweet time) it turns two pages, and I have to turn back one.

I've got it set for the flash every 6 page turns.
I don't want to call CS on this, for fear they'll have me do something that would break the jailbreak (or have me return it as defective, which I don't want because my screen is darn near perfect and I don't want to risk getting a bad screen).

Are slow page turns innate to the PW? is this a function of the fact that most touch screens don't like me? If I set it to flash every page turn, will that speed up the time it takes to turn the page?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The PW should be a lot faster than the K3 - it has a significantly faster CPU. Are you sure it's not busy indexing? Page turns are essentially instantaneous for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Have you tried a restart or a factory reset?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't tried either a restart or a factory reset - I'd like to avoid the factory reset due to jail break and having all my books in collections that it would be a pain to reload. I will try the restart though.

I can't see why it would be indexing - the battery is not going down, and I've only downloaded a few books from Amazon lately.

Maybe it's just that touch screens don't like me, and it has to make up its mind whether to respond to my touch or not.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Not that it's a really helpful reply - but I've occasionally (though rarely) seen this happen on both PW and Touch. It normally goes away by itself (i.e., happens at most once or twice every other day). If you are experiencing this at every page turn, then yes, try restarting the device.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard

it does seem to be sporadic. i wonder... I was in a cold room when I noticed the slow page turns... might temperature have anything to do with it?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
A cold temperature will certainly affect a rechargeable battery. However, I doubt the room would really be cold enough to cause such a reaction. Now had you said it was 20 degrees out, and the Kindle had been sitting in a cold automoblie for an hour, that would likely affect performance.

I'd restart the Kindle. It won't affect any books/settings, and it may help.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote