Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #181
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.5.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Prevent ePubs with encrypted fonts from showing as being books with DRM
  • Rename Abort to Cancel on the progress dialog
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #182
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Just a new check idea:
Duplicate sub-genres

To test books that have for example both these genres: Fiction, Fiction.Science
Maybe you could also test Fiction.Science, Fiction.Space but I think this is not very useful the first would be a great option

I only use partitioning in tags, but since you can set this manually, it would be useful to have a setting for selecting which parameters to test.
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #183
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.5.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add ePub check for invalid namespaces
  • Add a viewable log for the checks to allow user to see details of errors, missing files etc
  • Add a Help file describing all of the checks and how to solve them
Old 05-28-2011, 04:29 AM   #184
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

I can not use custom shortcuts anymore.
Reported it on bugs: bug 789481
Old 05-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #185
drMerry
Addict

Your log is great!
This made me think of a new option:
Check epub with specified file-types.
For example, I mentioned I had epubs with .exe files in it (a web-page I added that calibre combined) and a lot of files with thumbs.db

It would be great to see this kind of files (possible custom added extensions of paterns?)

And anonther option: Epub containing files lager than ....
This would give the option to see the difference of a file with 300 small html files and a file with 2 html files and a very large cover.
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #186
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
I can not use custom shortcuts anymore.
Reported it on bugs: bug 789481
Please STOP spamming all the plugin threads with this message. Once was enough. This plugin doesn't even have shortcuts.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #187
drMerry
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Please STOP spamming all the plugin threads with this message. Once was enough. This plugin doesn't even have shortcuts.
, sorry. I wanted to post it on duplicate and open with, this one was en error.
I wanted to post it on the plugins that use a shortcut so not every-one using one of the plugins could see it in the post of their plugin.

Was not ment to 'flood' the forum
Old 05-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #188
kiwidude

Ok, I have deleted your other two posts. Even posting on two threads is one too many. Why would I want to have to deal with two discussions on the same topic, and confused users having to look at multiple threads for repeated answers?

That you say you had this issue after upgrading Calibre and not after upgrading specific plugins indicates that it is a generic issue. You raised a ticket which is the right thing to do in this situation. I have responded on your ticket - which is to say that I have no such problem with shortcuts with the latest release, they are all working fine on my plugins. Any further discussion on this should remain on that ticket.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #189
drMerry
Addict

Removed post.
This is no production so I will put it in develop section

Last edited by drMerry; 05-28-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #190
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Kiwidude, Another check which may be useful for epubs is to check for large html filesizes which cause errors on some readers.

Will then easily allow the user to do a reconvert with a better split size
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #191
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Kiwidude, Another check which may be useful for epubs is to check for large html filesizes which cause errors on some readers.

Will then easily allow the user to do a reconvert with a better split size
@Perkin - that sounds a good idea. Do you know that the threshold value is that I should be checking for?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #192
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
260KB
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #193
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Outstanding idea
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #194
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just ran the check for extra files.
books from Feedbooks showed up
they have this usage in the stylesheet
Code:
@import "page.css";
So is the usage correct or the check wrong?
Note once I open the file in Sigil, I have to correct the entry to read:
Code:
@import "../Styles/page.css";
Sigil 3.4 flags the file as 'unused' (IIRC Sigil does not check any of the contents of the Stylesheet(s) )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #195
kiwidude

@theducks - what my check does is look for whether there are files in the ePub that are not listed in the .opf manifest. It doesn't look in the html files or stylesheet files at all.

So my assumption is that any file that is intended is part of your ePub should be listed in the manifest.

It would appear that whoever has authored those books from Feedbooks has decided that they do not consider it relevant to include their stylesheet in the manifest. I don't know the ePub specification to know whether this is "valid" or not. I know Valloric watches the spec pretty closely, so if Sigil treats these as "unused" it sounds like they should be. Or it could just be a bug, Sigil has plenty of those.

I know that ePubs will "work" without having files listed in the manifest, but of course this plugin is about identifying "less than ideal" scenarios. If in fact it is seen as an acceptable convention to not include .css files in the manifest then perhaps I have to make a special case exemption. Alternatively I could change finding such situations into a "warning" and just displaying in the log.

I welcome anyone's input on how these should be treated, if any differently than currently.