Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
mariel9898
Connoisseur
mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Color, Droid 2 Global
Getting Angry Birds (original) on a rooted NC

Newbie here so be gentle. I've been reading this forum and some other ones for info on how to get the original AG on the Nook since you can't simply download it from the Android Market.

So I have the adk installed on a micro SD. I even bought Root Explorer because a few posts (not here, I think) said they were able to side load it from a micro SD using Root Explorer. No exact directions though.

Does anyone have EXACT directions on how to get the original AG onto a rooted NC? I rooted today using using autonooter 3.0

I don't just want to do this for AG but in order to learn how to sideload other apps because I'm sure this will happen again.

Thanks in advance.
mariel9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
Start Root Explorer and on the list of files and directories that will show you'll notice a directory called 'sdcard'

Touch it and you should now see the contents of your microSD. Find the program that you want to install and touch it. The rest will fall into place.

Edit: Reboot the device if you don't immediately see your installed program undr 'Extras.'

Last edited by Apoc; 02-21-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #3
reyluree
reyluree began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
How I did it:

Make sure "Allow Non-Market Apps" is checked in NookColor Tools.

Download angrybird.apk to pc and move it to download folder on nook sdcard.

On Nook use Astro file manager and open \sdcard\download select apk file. It will ask if you want to go to apps manager to install.

** Apparently the newer versions of Angry Bird requires SMS - so the Android Market filters it out in the market. So you probably won't be able to update in Market....
reyluree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
mariel9898
Connoisseur
mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Apoc and reyluree: Thanks, but I tried both ways and got:

Install blocked
Installation of download apks is no supported

What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
mariel9898
Connoisseur

I copied the apk to the SD card but not in a specific folder. Does that matter?
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Weirdly, OI File Manager lets you install APKs from the download folder. Astro gave me issues, but OI works fine. You can find it in the marketplace.
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariel9898 View Post
Apoc and reyluree: Thanks, but I tried both ways and got:

Install blocked
Installation of download apks is no supported

What am I doing wrong?
Make sure "Allow Non-Market Apps" is checked in NookColor Tools. Even if it is, uncheck, then check again. It should work then.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
da2zoe
Book Addict
da2zoe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyluree View Post
Download angrybird.apk to pc and move it to download folder on nook sdcard.
Maybe I'm missing something but I can't figure out how to download the .apk file to my mac. When I click install from appbrain it just says "cancel install" but I don't ever get a choice to install anywhere.

Also, I put my SD card into my NC but when I look at Device Info it says "SD card not found". I can select SD Card and it shows I have 100% storage. Is there something else I should do?

It's the same SD I used to root but I erased it through Disk Utility before putting it in the NC.
da2zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #9
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
I downloaded the original Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons from the MArketplace onto my NC without and problems at all.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
da2zoe
Book Addict

Thanks Grimm. I'll try that. BTW, I really like your signature quote. That's a good one.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
reyluree

Quote:
Originally Posted by da2zoe View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but I can't figure out how to download the .apk file to my mac. When I click install from appbrain it just says "cancel install" but I don't ever get a choice to install anywhere.

Also, I put my SD card into my NC but when I look at Device Info it says "SD card not found". I can select SD Card and it shows I have 100% storage. Is there something else I should do?

It's the same SD I used to root but I erased it through Disk Utility before putting it in the NC.
I found download links to the apk file from an outside source other then Marketplace on the xdadevelopers forums. Maybe that would work better for you?

Not familiar with MAC so can't help you with the sd card problem. Maybe try remounting card or formating it within the NookColor Tools app??
Old 02-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
mariel9898
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Make sure "Allow Non-Market Apps" is checked in NookColor Tools. Even if it is, uncheck, then check again. It should work then.
Thank you, that worked!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
da2zoe
Book Addict

Edited: Never mind. I got it....

I found this link that has tons of .apk files for download but when I searched for Angry Birds it brought up a whole bunch of versions. Which one do I get - if you know.

Also, I search on xda for files to download but cannot find a thread for downloads...

Last edited by da2zoe; 02-21-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
reyluree

For future reference here is a list of Nook Color working apps. It includes a direct download link for the angry birds apk.

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_working_apps

It isn't the newest version of angry birds but I believe it is a trusted source.....
Old 02-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
robert23
robert23 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyluree View Post
For future reference here is a list of Nook Color working apps. It includes a direct download link for the angry birds apk.

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_working_apps

It isn't the newest version of angry birds but I believe it is a trusted source.....
I installed that version yesterday (using 'adb install'). It works great!
robert23 is offline   Reply With Quote