Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #76
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Well I guess they'd honor it since it's in their system now.

One order says "Please Call - PayPal payment verification is pending. Your order will be processed shortly." (which is the one I tried with national shipping and an international PayPal address -- didn't work) and one says "Please Call - This order is on hold, pending customer response. Please call 1.800.888.4437 to expedite your order processing." (which is the one I tried with international shipping but which turned out to be per wire only).

Obviously, there is no option to transfer an order to another customer. And calling their hotline... well let's say I called them before today and they didn't seem to be the most competent to me.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #77
firedo341
firedo341 began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
I got in early, order at the wharehouse. Charge already posted on credit card. Hope it ships. Been looking at the Sony reader for a WHILE. Couldn't bring myself to buy at $299, but $99 was an offer I couldn't refuse. Thanks guys for posting the deal.

Last edited by firedo341; 07-04-2007 at 01:33 PM.
firedo341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #78
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
This is really a crazy shop :=) ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #79
tapf!
Enthusiast
tapf! began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Alexander Turcic: And if you just let them send you at least one of the two devices you didn't want? I would love to buy it from you for US$ 150 (excl. Shipping of course). So you would have 50 bucks for your work.

BTW: They now want US$ 329.99...

Best Regards

Fabian

Last edited by tapf!; 07-04-2007 at 01:41 PM.
tapf! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #80
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hi Fabian,

I am sorry, I already passed the two orders to two other guys who just messaged me earlier.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #81
phuata
phuata began at the beginning.

Aw, I missed it! Thanks for the heads-up, though.
phuata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #82
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Fourth of July special? Talk about a good choice of fireworks, MR style.

BTW Happy fourth to all from an outsider!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #83
MacBeezle
Zealot
MacBeezle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPad, Sony Reader PRS-500U2. Soon: Kindle 4

Damn

I couldn't order the offer from work because of internet restrictions in my company.
Now I just got home an there are no readers left
MacBeezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #84
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Tiger Direct's web site now says "This item is no longer available."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #85
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Dudes!!

I'm totally Pouncing right now!

Does this mean Sony has 6 Jillion readers that aren't selling and are starting to cut their losses?

If they would just ADVERTISE even a little people would buy these things. I'm always getting people asking me, then wanting one.

All it would take is Paris Hilton Staring vacantly at a reader on TV and going... "I loooouuuve it!"

The problem is that Paris Hilton doesn't need a Reader in order to stare vacantly. It could be anything. (Also: Remember how Tarzan learned to read? I'm reminded of Paris Hilton...you know, insects crawling across a page.....[maniacal laughter]): hahahahahaahahahahahahaahah!!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #86
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Oh man I could kick myself! My wife wasn't home and we don't usually buy stuff without agreeing on it first so i put one in my shopping cart at Tiger but didn't buy. Its gone now and someone overturned my shopping cart and emptied that too!

Missed this one big time!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #87
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Roy! That's what telephones are for!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #88
snewman
snewman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 & GEB1150
I purchased 4 units at the $99 thru tigerdirect on my American Express and my order states:

Pending Review - Your order is currently being reviewed by our credit card department for processing. No further action may be required on your part. If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you at the phone number and email listed in your account.

Any one else have this issue?

Last edited by snewman; 07-04-2007 at 07:33 PM.
snewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #89
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Oh man I could kick myself! My wife wasn't home and we don't usually buy stuff without agreeing on it first so i put one in my shopping cart at Tiger but didn't buy. Its gone now and someone overturned my shopping cart and emptied that too!

Missed this one big time!

Trust me, you did the right thing. That's why you're still married and I'm divorced. (I'm very serious about my comments here.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #90
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snewman View Post
I purchased 4 units at the $99 thru tigerdirect on my American Express and my order states:

Pending Review - Your order is currently being reviewed by our credit card department for processing. No further action may be required on your part. If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you at the phone number and email listed in your account.

Any one else have this issue?
Same here. If memory serves me that's a standard blurb for TD.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote