Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
felixix
felixix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Diagnostics Mode

Hey all,

I stumbled over something interesting today, and I couldn't find anything about it on the forums...

Anyways, if you place a blank file named ENABLE_DIAGS in the root directory of the Kindle, eject it, and reboot it (Settings->Menu->Reboot), the Kindle will boot into a Diagnostic Mode.

Enjoy!
felixix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
... Which outputs most of the interesting stuff to the serial console, if I remember correctly .

(Alternatively, telinit 2 to switch to the diag runlevel, and telinit 4 to get out of it properly).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert