Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
hautecontre
Gizmo Addict
hautecontre began at the beginning.

Device: Palm m100 -> O2 Nova -> Kindle
The suspense is killing me

Hi all,
After dropping extremely heavy hints to my wonderful husband, he told me that I should go ahead and order my Kindle ("All I want for Christmas ...") so that it would be sure to be here in time for the holidays. Ordered it on November 28, got a message that it was shipped on the 30th (the next business day), and on Tuesday December 2 it was already here in Germany. Now he won't let me open the box until Christmas! (Actually, we compromised on my birthday on the 21st, which is still two and a half weeks off.) So now the suspense is KILLING me! I'm busy downloading all of my favorite books to be ready to go when the moment arrives, and making do with the vicarious thrill of reading blogs.
hautecontre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
JulieK
JulieK began at the beginning.

Device: SonyReader
Hello hautecontre -
You sound so excited about your new Kindle . I'm glad you got it and it will make a wonderful combined birthday/Christmas gift !
It would definitely be hard to wait to open it ,but that will make you appreciate it even more once you do !
Many happy hours of reading for you to come ................
JulieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Julie and welcome to MR. I couldn't wait!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, hautecontre

Congratulations on your new Kindle! I don't know how you will be able to wait, I just couldn't, if it was me.

Make sure to check out all the free books on MR and the Kindle forums for free and cheap books.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
quiltaday
quiltaday began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Congrats! I just received my Kindle and it is way better than I expected, all I am waiting for is a cover which I wanted my daughter to pick out for me! I am a new member as well but I love the vast amount of information there is about e-readers and ebooks!
quiltaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm in much the same quandary. I've got the Kindle on my Christmas list and I've got a pretty good idea that it'll be waiting under the tree for me.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Julie. Happy birthday, merry Christmas. Enjoy the new reading experience. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote