Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
If you go down to the woods today ....

You might be in for a BIG surprise .... (BBC link)

kinda cute in a grotesque kind of way .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
You might be in for a BIG surprise .... (BBC link)

kinda cute in a grotesque kind of way .....
Eeek! Rats is definitly NOT listed among my favourite fuzzy animals!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Just goes to show Arthur Conan Doyle was right again.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
now this is disscusting...cute like a puppy? those guys have been far to long out in the bush..those and there smaller cousins are about the only things I'm totally afraid of...and that one in particular..no doubt about it..
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Ahhhh! I think it's cute, so docile and trusting.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
It's a rat! The words "rat" and "cute" are impossible to use in the same sentence. Ok, used them both in the same sentence myself, but you know what I mean
Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Which is the 'cute' part?

I think these BBC camera folk need to do some photo work in Harlem if they really want to see some biiiiig rats! I remember doing some might fast running during my teen years when going to a concert on 125th street and getting blocked by THE RAT THAT ATE MANHATTAN!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Which is the 'cute' part?
...[/B]
When you give them their teddy bear:

and then tuck them into bed:

Cheers,
Marc (who likes rats, but rats and my terriers do not mix well)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #9
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
When you give them their teddy bear:

and then tuck them into bed:

Cheers,
Ok, that is a little cute... but would have been cuter if it were bunnies instead of rats. I still wouldn't like the rat, even if it had a teddy bear!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #10
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Ok, that is a little cute... but would have been cuter if it were bunnies instead of rats. I still wouldn't like the rat, even if it had a teddy bear!
Awwwwwww, but they are soooo cute, Slite!!! Should we start a poll "Will the rat be the next lounge animal"?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Awwwwwww, but they are soooo cute, Slite!!! Should we start a poll "Will the rat be the next lounge animal"?
Where's the poll fairy when you need one?

But in this case, we don't really need one, is silly with a poll where the only two viable options would be "No" and "NOOOOOO!"
Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I remember doing some might fast running during my teen years when going to a concert on 125th street and getting blocked by THE RAT THAT ATE MANHATTAN!
coming soon, to a theater near you : The Rat That Ate Manhattan vs. Mothra !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Cheers,
isn't that the whole point of terriers ? i think you pretty much have to choose one or the other, there's no "both" there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Where's the poll fairy when you need one?

But in this case, we don't really need one, is silly with a poll where the only two viable options would be "No" and "NOOOOOO!"

actually rats don't bother me so much, except for city rats because they're kind of dirty and scary and probably carrying the plague. i've seen my share (not that many, but a few) of large rats in the streets on my way home from a concert at 4 am ; the streets are deserted, so i guess they figure they've got the place to themselves and can wander around freely.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
isn't that the whole point of terriers ? i think you pretty much have to choose one or the other, there's no "both" there.
Alas, 'tis true, though Airedale Terriers bely their name by being too big to "go to ground". They're still prone to the "prey drive" though (he says, remembering Monty completely and utterly failing to chase down a kangaroo).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
That's what Willard said.

Quote:
Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do
I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben
(a friend) Like Ben
(like Ben) Like Ben
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #15
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
ooooooh... rats are just not for me.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote