Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #1351
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I knew about Monster Hunter International, having put it on my Amazon Wish List after spotting it at my childrens' school library! (I volunteered there just about everyday for 2.5 years before becoming a substitute teacher). What I didn't know was that it was available through BAEN and for so little.... Aaaaahhhh!!!!

I can't seem to log in, I'm not getting the password reset e-mail I requested and it won't let me reregister!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #1352
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Little white lie

Quote:
I can't seem to log in, I'm not getting the password reset e-mail I requested and it won't let me reregister!
Maybe, at least as a temporary method, log in as your husband (or set him up an account) and then he (or you as him) can purchase the item.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #1353
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
One of the other Urban Fantasy series I regularly read is Kim Harrison's The Hollows featuring Rachel Morgan. I thought that many of you might be interested in the below post.

Quoted from Kim Harrison's Blog

Oh, by the way here's the cover it came from amazon with (for $0.99):
Attachment 97391

Was wondering why the cover is messed up? I sent a sample - and in the library it shows with the correct cover, but opening the book it is the one you posted ???
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #1354
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe, at least as a temporary method, log in as your husband (or set him up an account) and then he (or you as him) can purchase the item.

Thanks what we've done. But, I'm still concerned as to the status of my account.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #1355
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Was wondering why the cover is messed up? I sent a sample - and in the library it shows with the correct cover, but opening the book it is the one you posted ???
I have absolutely no idea!

I'm not surprised that that's what you got.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #1356
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Baen account

Quote:
Thanks that's what we've done. But, I'm still concerned as to the status of my account.
You're welcome. Keep us in the loop as you deal with it.

Last edited by alansplace; 12-08-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #1357
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
You're welcome. Keep us in the loop as you deal with it.

Good to know you've learned to speak "Nyssa" - LOL

There was supposed to be a "That's" in there too.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #1358
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

speaking "Nyssa"

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with using shorthand.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #1359
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with using shorthand.

I read it, but I read it with the missing "that's" - if you hadn't mentioned it, I'd never known.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #1360
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Comics & TV shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Yes, I've read the comic boo... I mean graphic novels, also. I wish they would hurry up and finish the adaptation of fool moon.

So far the only thing Dresden that I have not enjoyed was the awful television version that came out a few years back. I couldn't make it all the way through one episode.
Hmmmm....and I've never been able to read more than two pages of one of those Dresden Comics! Oh well!

Since I disagree with your sentiment on the TV show, I feel the need to explain further (Nyssa and I along with some other folks have had similar discussions before).

Odds are that you began reading the book series first then viewed and highly disliked the TV series' interpretation of Harry and his friends and exploits. Whereas I watched the entire series before seeking out the book series.

I did this because I missed my weekly sojourns into the Chicago of Harry Dresden. I'd noted right from the first televised episode the opening credits saying that the show was based on The Dresden files books by Jim Butcher.

Of course I liked the book series even more (much much more) than I had the TV show. But to this day I still like the TV show a lot, in fact because of your post I've just re-watched the first 4 episodes and liked them just as much as I always have. In fact I'll probably watch 4 more to-nite, and probably the final 4 on Sunday. Don't feel at fault, your post was just a trigger as I do this every year. Enjoy!

Last edited by alansplace; 12-08-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: add graphic
Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #1361
DuckieTigger
Wizard

^ Oh Alan, you might have triggered me to try the tv series out myself. I noticed that it is available for free included with amazon prime
Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #1362
Nyssa
Series Addict

I accidentally "spoilered" myself in relation to Molly.
**Sigh**

Spoiler:
I don't yet know how or why she becomes what she does, except for the fact that Dresden does what he was originally commanded to do.
I have a sinking feeling a love triangle may form because of this, as Molly will officially be more... accessible.

This made me chuckle as I read it just after reading Alan's post above:

"Maybe my life was actually a basic-cable television show, and they couldn't afford to spend money on new sets all the time."

I have 133 pages left to go.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #1363
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Maybe you've already done this, but be sure to check your spam-folder. I recently had to reset my password, and that's were my email from Baen ended up.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #1364
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
Maybe you've already done this, but be sure to check your spam-folder. I recently had to reset my password, and that's were my email from Baen ended up.
I did check...multiple times. Still nothing from Baen, BTW.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #1365
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
I did check...multiple times. Still nothing from Baen, BTW.
Hm, and those kind of emails are normally sent almost instantly. I hope you get it sorted out!
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy