Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #316
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Right there is a scroll bar at the bottom and on the left side. They are very narrow, as is the frame. I did not see them until you pointed them out.

Luck;
Ken
On the Touch the usable screen (with kbmessage) seems to be 566x700 or so (instead of 600x800). I am not sure whether one can calculate the usable screen for the other devices just by distracting the same difference (34,100). Maybe you would like to have a look at the forth spoiler of this post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #317
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
On the Touch the usable screen (with kbmessage) seems to be 566x700 or so (instead of 600x800). I am not sure whether one can calculate the usable screen for the other devices just by distracting the same difference (34,100). Maybe you would like to have a look at the forth spoiler of this post.
OK, 1040 gets rid of the scroll bars. 1080 matches what I see on the scroll bars with it now, which makes sense as the image is 1080 wide.

Reducing the width to 1040 px means the height would be 1387 px. (1384 might be better) I guess I will change my Gimp2 Kobo template to reflect that. This should be the same for all AuraHDs.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-04-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #318
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK, 1040 gets rid of the scroll bars. 1080 matches what I see on the scroll bars with it now, which makes sense as the image is 1080 wide.
Ken
Thank you for this information. If you like you can uncomment the line
Code:
#ksmImageWidthPortrait=800
in usersettings.txt and set the value to 1040. (Or change the default value in onstart/ksmhome.sh. Search for dragon.)

This should improve your browsing experience. If you like try this:
  • select scripts > browse > browse onboard msh
  • navigate to a folder that contains image files, e.g. kbmenupngs
  • toggle the mode to read (available options are info/read/delete)
  • select an image
The application will try to display the image (and will succeed if the format is png or bmp).

Last edited by tshering; 07-05-2014 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #319
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for this information. If you like you can uncomment the line
Code:
#ksmImageWidthPortrait=800
in usersettings.txt and set the value to 1040. (Or change the default value in onstart/ksmhome.sh. Search for dragon.)

This should improve your browsing experience. If you like try this:
  • select scripts > browse > browse onboard msh
  • navigate to a folder that contains image files, e.g. kbmenupngs
  • toggle the mode to read (available options are info/read/delete)
  • select an image
The application will try to display the image (and will succeed if the format is png or bmp).
Right, everything works as expected. The browser is a little awkward but makes a nice backup, for a quick look. Not sure what files it can "read".

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #320
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Right, everything works as expected. The browser is a little awkward but makes a nice backup, for a quick look. Not sure what files it can "read".

Luck;
Ken
Maybe I should replace "read" by "open" in future versions. "Read" treats all files (apart from some image formats) as text files and tries to display them (accepting some html tags). Since I learned that koreader accepts the name of an input file as argument and had a little play with it (cf. this post), I might easily associate some file types with koreader.

Your are right the "browser" is awkward. For some situations however it can be useful. I use it if I want to have things like notes and street maps and so on easily accessible without having to do much preparation. I put the files (images and texts) into a folder and have a browse_xxx.msh (in the folder .kobo/kobomenu/scripts/browse) point to it. One can use any file in that folder as a template; edit the value of "targetdir."

Last edited by tshering; 07-06-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Advert
Old 07-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #321
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Hi

Koreader does not remember any settings and the last open book (in fact the history is emptu) when I use Koreader from the start menu.

Is there a way to get this working properly?

I am on AuraHD 3.3.0

thanks
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #322
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

How do i make connection to my computer when the usb is plugged in in the startmenu? I enabled usb but no connection dialog comes up what soever so I cannot access my files on it.

thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #323
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by exachillus View Post
Hi

Koreader does not remember any settings and the last open book (in fact the history is emptu) when I use Koreader from the start menu.

Is there a way to get this working properly?

I am on AuraHD 3.3.0

thanks
That is odd, what nightly build version of Koreader are you using? I still use FW 3.0.2 but it seems like the more recent Koreader builds were getting to the point where I am thinking of trying FW 3.3.0. Everything works fine with FW 3.0.2 and The Kobo Start Menu on my AuraHD.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-06-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #324
exachillus
Banned

Quote:
That is odd, what nightly build version of Koreader are you using?

Luck;
Ken

I am using this one v2014.04-309-g854b941.

Ok I chandge to Nickel and run Koreader from there. And it looks like like this might not be a startmenu issue. Koreader does not remember settings in from nickel as well.

Last edited by exachillus; 07-06-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #325
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:

Ok I chandge to Nickel and run Koreader from there. And it looks like like this might not be a startmenu issue. Koreader does not remember settings in from nickel as well.
OK, I'll give that one a try, I'm back a few.

OK, I noticed in updating that the downloaded History folder was not found in the place the merge expected to find it, so the overwrite of the folder might have effected things. (On mine I just skipped that, and my old History folder was unaffected.)

There is definitely a problem in this regard, I had the "Start on last opened file" checked before the update and that worked on the first try. But after that everything is messed up.
I cannot return to the "File Manager", it dumps me back to the Start Menu.

I'll give 249 a try. v2014.04-249 seems to be working, as it did.
OK, I'll try -v2014.04-273; It is working normally.

So, at least with FW 3.0.2 and the Start Menu, the problem is introduced with build koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2014.04-309-g854b941

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-06-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #326
tshering
Wizard

Quote:

I just installed v2014.04-309-g854b941 and started it from the start menu. Everything seems to work on my Kobo Touch with FW 3.4.1.
Note: The only thing I kept from the previous version was the history folder.

Last edited by tshering; 07-06-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #327
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
How do i make connection to my computer when the usb is plugged in in the startmenu? I enabled usb but no connection dialog comes up what soever so I cannot access my files on it.

thanks
If you select "USB" > "usb enable.sh" and wait for some seconds, the text in the text field should change to "USB support: enabled." When the device was already plugged via the usb cable to the pc (or if you plug it in now), the pc will connect. You should see the device as KOBOeReader in the file explorer on the pc. There is no dialogue window opening on the Kobo, if this is what you are talking about. But maybe I misunderstand your problem.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #328
exachillus
Banned

Quote:
If you select "USB" > "usb enable.sh" and wait for some seconds, the text in the text field should change to "USB support: enabled." When the device was already plugged via the usb cable to the pc (or if you plug it in now), the pc will connect. You should see the device as KOBOeReader in the file explorer on the pc. There is no dialogue window opening on the Kobo, if this is what you are talking about. But maybe I misunderstand your problem.
tshering

You understood the problem correctly and that is exactly what tried couple times. And it is not connecting to pc. I am using AuraHD. I am wondering if someone can test this out on their AuraHD.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #329
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
tshering

You understood the problem correctly and that is exactly what tried couple times. And it is not connecting to pc. I am using AuraHD. I am wondering if someone can test this out on their AuraHD.
Does the text change from "USB support: disabled" to "USB support: enabled"?
Old 07-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #330
exachillus
Banned

Quote:
Does the text change from "USB support: disabled" to "USB support: enabled"?
Yes it does.