Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Acer 100/101 7" Tablets very sleek and stylish, now on pre-order

I guess everybody has their wants and needs. Some folks want a huge 10"+ tablet, but for me the ideal tablet is 7" w/16:9. This keeps the screen small enough to be portable yet large enough to read most webpages/eBooks.

Unfortunately most 7" devices are either severely underpowered or way overpriced.
Enter Acer 100/101 this is the first 7" device that shows promise, the device looks very stylish with excellent hardware. Though I wish it would have preferred to see 1GB RAM.

Folks at the UK can get their hands on this device strating a 299 BGP.

• Android 3.0
  • Tegra 250 Dual cortex A9 Processor @ 1GHz
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 7” capacitive touchscreen @ 1024×600
  • 5MP rear camera with flash, 2MP front-facing camera
  • 8GB of memory
  • MicroSD slot (supports up to 32GB)
  • WiFi b/g/n & Bluetooth 2.1 (Huawei EM770W 3G module on A101)
  • Mini HDMI-out

Acer 100 WI-FI Only 7" Tablet

Acer 101 3G/WI-FI 7" Tablet
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
My SGT is neither underpowered nor overpriced, and is 7" w/16:9; it cost $399 with 3G (Verizon) but without contract. Though it doesn't have a Terga dual core or 8GB of flash, it's more that enough for me.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
a huge 10"+ tablet
When did that become huge?
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
When did that become huge?
When it didn't fit in my back pocket.
=X=
Old 05-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
When it didn't fit in my back pocket.
=X=
Well, LOL, have I got just what you need...

They.Have.To.Be.Joking
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Well, LOL, have I got just what you need...
okay you get karma for this.

=X=
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
7" works because all the apps were for small smart phones. 8, 9 and 10 well until more apps for that size not much point buying it. I did like my 8 and 9 inch but even on the 9 inch 1/2 apps didn't fit on the screen and some just to small to use. But 7" 800x600 or 1024x600 would be more ideal than to 7" 800x480 though.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote