Old 03-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Novasea
Enthusiast
Novasea doesn't litterNovasea doesn't litterNovasea doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Help with error msg

Sony 505
Calibre 0.5.0

Reader is recognized by calibre. Try to send book to device. Epub format. Getting this error. Don't understand what it means.

'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.pyo", line 153, in dispatch
File "main.py", line 753, in books_uploaded
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 153, in add_books_to_metadata
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 442, in add_books_to_metadata
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'

Any help would be appreciated
Novasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
wait until the ourglass stops spinning before trying to send books to the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Novasea
Enthusiast

Thank you for your response.

I am now getting the error shown below. I have no idea how to fix the prob. Haven't ever had it before.

Job: **Get list of books on device**
**IOError**: (2, 'No such file or directory')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 20, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 122, in _books
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 327, in books
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'G:\\database/cache/media.xml'
Old 03-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In windows explorer create the folders g:\database\cache, then unplug your reader, let it bring up the list of books. Then re-connect it and it should work
Old 03-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Novasea
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply.

When I connect my reader..it is designated as removable drive G and the database/cache is there. I am thinking that I have created my own problem by having put the calibre folder...where all my books are...on an external hard drive...I have two externals. So everytime I turn on the externals the letter it has is different. I have never had the reader have a designation of G before. This might be confusing Calibre. I have tried several times deleting the xml file..btw..there are several of them and also two files called AM which I don't know what they are and which I can't seem to remove..it says can not read from source when I try. What I am trying now is to move the calibre folder to the same drive that calibre is installed on. Then I will try plugging in the reader again and see what happens. As you can probably tell I am not that computer literate ...I have yet to discover what a "command line" is lol...I am, however...determined..although most of the time flying by the seat of my pants. Could you tell me what this AM file might be?

Thanking you in advance
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can move the calibre library by using the preferences dialog. Just enter the path to the new location and press enter. calibre will move it for you. Are you send ing file to the main memory of the reader or toa storage card?

Not sure what those AM files are, I've never seen them myself.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
Novasea
Enthusiast

To the main memory of the reader. Should I try a storage card? I have never used one as yet with my reader.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No the main memory should be fine. When you disconnect the reader, does it show the list of books?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
Novasea
Enthusiast

Yes it does. But sometimes the collections I have made are gone. Today I have removed the xml file several times...I have noticed that there is not only one..but several. And in the same folder G download/cache are those two AM files. They can not be removed...it says can not read from source. I have been tempted to format the internal memory but that is just my "format C:" mentality kicking in... It is strange because even though I get the error message I posted before..when trying to send files from Calibre to the reader...the files actually DO transfer to the reader inspite of getting the message. Also, every time I plug the reader in while using Calibre...I get the initial message about the .xml file. I follow the directions..unplug the reader etc etc..that does not work so I exit Calibre..delete the .xml files..let it rebuild and then try again..only to get the message about the .xml file again. If I were to format the internal memory...how long does it take? Calibre recognizes the reader..but it is unable to list the books on the reader when I click on the reader icon...the list box is empty.

I really appreciate the time you are taking with my questions today.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I actually think your instincts are correct. Try a format (remember to transfer your books off the reader first).
Old 03-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
Novasea
Enthusiast

Thank you for all your help yesterday, Kovid. I tried to format the internal memory..I say tried because I really don't think anything was wiped...while that was "working" I uninstalled elibrary and calibre..did a registry clean..and generally putzed around cleaning up computer..reinstalled everything...gave up on internal memory format..turned reader on...connected to calibre..and all was well. The AM icons are still in G database cache...can't find out what they are...and can't remove them. Despite my "seat of the pants" tech skills...all seems to be working now. Again..thank you for your time yesterday.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No problem, I never could resist a penguin in a frilly pink dress
Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I knew my avatar was missing something!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that's so sweet.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I knew my avatar was missing something!

BOb
Maybe a pink bowtie on your top hat?