Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Tanalark
Tanalark began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Greetings from Baton Rouge

Joined the forum for ideas on how to get some .pdf books I have (that are password protected) into a format that has text that isn't next to impossible to read.

I'm using a Sony PRS-700, and I really like it a lot. I just wish that the text were a little easier on the eyes without going up to the medium zoom level, which is not really my favorite.
Tanalark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
The PRS 700 should be able to "re-flow" the PDF. If it is mostly text then it should be readable.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Tanalark and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Tanalark
Tanalark began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Any advice on how to do that? I looked for information on it here on the forums, and there's nothing in the user manual about how to do that.

Also, are there any recommendations on using an alternate program to the eLibrary program that comes with the reader, or is it better just to stick with what comes with it?
Tanalark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanalark View Post
Any advice on how to do that? I looked for information on it here on the forums, and there's nothing in the user manual about how to do that.
It should just work. Do you have the most up to date firmware on your device? What version do you have?

When you press the size button it should go from zoom mode to reflow mode.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert