Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Question Question about how kobo touch driver works

I just have some general questions. (And I beg you guys, I can understand some technical terms, but if it's about some code or such, then my brain won't be able to handle it.)

Okay, here we go...

Earlier, I converted two PDFs, using Calibre, to ePubs. After messing around with Sigil to fix those broken lines, I saved them. Then, when I sent them to my device (I just click on Send to Device since it's configured to only send ePubs and KePubs.

The Touch Extended Driver is enabled, along with the option to automatically output the file to kepub.epub format.

The plugin has worked marvelously everytime I send books to my Glo. But this time, it only converted one and sent the other as a plain old ePub.

I tried just sending the failed one and it's still sent as an ePub.

I also tried sending a random ePub I found, just in case the plugin has gone bad, but it converted that book.

What I did was "manually" convert the book to kepub and had to press Send Specific File Type To just to have a kepub output.

I know for a fact that it's with the book, and not with the plugin, because it only affected that particular book.

I tried converting the PDF multiple times but still no go.

So, thegeneral question is: What could've have possibly caused this? Or, what are the common causes for a book not to be automatically converted?

I don't know if the book is corrupted, but it works fine with Sigil and Calibre's built-in editor.

It really made my head hurt earlier...

I hope someone can shed a light to this...

Thanks,
Harold
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
When the KoboTouchExtended driver does not send a book as a kepub, it means that there is a problem with the book. It could be DRM or something unusual about the structure of the code in the book. As you have converted from PDF, it won't be DRM.

The problem with the book that the driver is seeing might not be something that affects other uses. It might be something the driver hasn't been coded for or some sort of strange characters in the book. But, there should be errors when this happens. There are a couple of options in the driver to keep sending the books if the conversion fails. I assume you have these turned on. Turning them off should show more information.

Other than that, I suggest looking at the thread for the driver. The first post has any limitations on the driver and how to report bugs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #3
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When the KoboTouchExtended driver does not send a book as a kepub, it means that there is a problem with the book. It could be DRM or something unusual about the structure of the code in the book. As you have converted from PDF, it won't be DRM.

The problem with the book that the driver is seeing might not be something that affects other uses. It might be something the driver hasn't been coded for or some sort of strange characters in the book. But, there should be errors when this happens. There are a couple of options in the driver to keep sending the books if the conversion fails. I assume you have these turned on. Turning them off should show more information.

Other than that, I suggest looking at the thread for the driver. The first post has any limitations on the driver and how to report bugs.
Thanks! I'll try it later.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote