Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Exclamation WARNING, Do not update your Kindle application

Ok, I just had a nice little lesson learned. If you try to update your kindle application on your fire, you will lose your ability to use your kindle to read books on the bookshelf. I updated mine to the version on the marketplace and when I went to my bookshelf, all of my books were gone. Also you cant get into the bookstore. I fired up file expert and reassociated the mobi files with the kindle app. This resulted in me registering a new device with Amazon. My kindle fire showed up in Amazon as a Kindle Android. I really started thinking that I messed up my Kindle.

The fix: Go to your applications settings and remove all updates, this will bring you back to the base Kindle application. My books showed up and I can access Amazon
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Was there an update today?
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The Kindle app on the Fire is built into O/S Do not use the market to update this. They are two separate apps. You have to wait for a firmware update from Amazon for anything to change on the Kindle reader.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The Kindle app on the Fire is built into O/S Do not use the market to update this. They are two separate apps. You have to wait for a firmware update from Amazon for anything to change on the Kindle reader.
I just wanted to see how the added page numbers worked.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
For me the Market-App is the one I prefer. I have not opened the Amazon Launcher and related Apps since weeks. And if you log in your account, you get your books as well, but in the Market App, not in the shelf any more. Amazon-logics.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
". I have not opened the Amazon Launcher and related Apps since weeks."
same here I dont use the Amazon kindle app for any reading since I started using Go launcher and Aldiko reader.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Ahh. Never would have even thought o doing that.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote