Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 02:17 AM   #1
yoitzo
yoitzo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Little Black Dot...

So it's almost been a year since I got my N1E.

One day, about two weeks ago, I noticed a random black dot on my nook screen. I tried refreshing the page, turning it off and on, turning off wifi, airplane mode and taking out the battery but the darn black dot is still there! (ARG)

When my screen saver is on and there's a picture on top of the black dot, it's white instead... Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
yoitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoitzo View Post
So it's almost been a year since I got my N1E.

One day, about two weeks ago, I noticed a random black dot on my nook screen. I tried refreshing the page, turning it off and on, turning off wifi, airplane mode and taking out the battery but the darn black dot is still there! (ARG)

When my screen saver is on and there's a picture on top of the black dot, it's white instead... Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
dead pixel. Had one on my Samsung HDTV a couple of years ago. Drove me nuts since it was like 5 right smack dab in the middle of my screen.

If it hasn't been a year then the warranty should still be good. If so you should be able to get a replacement.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
yoitzo
yoitzo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
oh great.... i guess this means i get to put my extended warranty into good use.... lol. thanks!
yoitzo is offline   Reply With Quote