Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #3046
paindaisy
paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Im trying to stick with 4 books a month (1 per weekend). Sometimes its hard to resist a good deal.
paindaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #3047
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I just resisted a 90% off code! Granted, it was someone else's code and I didn't want to do them out of it, but even so! Wow...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #3048
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I just resisted a 90% off code! Granted, it was someone else's code and I didn't want to do them out of it, but even so! Wow...

I resisted that one, too. It helped that it didn't work.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #3049
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
I didn't, but it didn't work for me.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #3050
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I've been doing so well with not buying e-books, that Kobo actually sent me a 25% off come back coupon! Of course that's not a good enough coupon so I passed it on.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #3051
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have one book I intend to buy this month. It's a new one from Baen, A Call to Duty. It comes out on the 16th, but I think I'll hang on until there's a good coupon from Kobo.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:51 AM   #3052
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene
Oh boy... I went overboard last month.

I spent at least* ~$63 on 47 books/51 titles. O_O
The past few months, I've actually been pretty good. Guess it was overdue.

*I was itemizing and adding it all up only to realize that I had skipped at least 2 titles.
Okay, finally got around to doing the real math.
Fortunately, I wasn't too far off the mark.
$64.72 on 49 books/52 titles.

21 wishlist
4/8 recommendeds (4 books/8 titles)

I did change my tracking system a little bit to prevent future missteps.
----------

I'm doing much better this month.
I've only purchased 8 books so far and of those - 4 were wishlist items and 3 were highly recommended. The other book was practically free (1¢).

Much more purposeful buying this time around!
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #3053
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
I have one book I intend to buy this month. It's a new one from Baen, A Call to Duty. It comes out on the 16th, but I think I'll hang on until there's a good coupon from Kobo.
That's the only one I really wanted out of this bundle, so I think I'll get it at Kobo myself. I'm tempted to just use the PERKOPOLIS one, since that's known to work. But it's only 40%. (we are sooo spoiled!)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #3054
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
That's the only one I really wanted out of this bundle, so I think I'll get it at Kobo myself. I'm tempted to just use the PERKOPOLIS one, since that's known to work. But it's only 40%. (we are sooo spoiled!)
I'm hoping that the competition codes are shareable again.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #3055
missimpossible
Groupie
missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, Clara 2e, Oasis 3
I've got an Amazon gift voucher burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm desperately trying to rein in my book hoarding, both paper and otherwise - but then, I got it as a present because the person knew I'd just got a new Kindle! What to do, what to do...
missimpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:36 AM   #3056
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by missimpossible View Post
I've got an Amazon gift voucher burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm desperately trying to rein in my book hoarding, both paper and otherwise - but then, I got it as a present because the person knew I'd just got a new Kindle! What to do, what to do...
Make sure you only buy ebooks at a good discount that you really want. And then you'll be happy with your purchases, rather than regretful.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:44 AM   #3057
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
I am a retired librarian and ebook addict. I have 660 books on my ipad and 1702 on Calibre- need another lifetime badly.Oh ....that doesn't count the 3000 on my print shelves.
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #3058
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookie2 View Post
I am a retired librarian and ebook addict. I have 660 books on my ipad and 1702 on Calibre- need another lifetime badly.Oh ....that doesn't count the 3000 on my print shelves.
Welcome to the thread. You're among friends here!

We've found that it really helps to ponder whether you want to read the book you're considering buying more than (say) three quarters of your existing stock of unread bought books.

Personally I don't count freebies - I pick up any freebie that looks at all interesting, just in case it gets recommended to me as a good read later on.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:08 AM   #3059
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
You make me feel so ashamed of myself. I bought the eArc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:11 AM   #3060
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chookie2 View Post
A person after my own heart. Last count was 2200 hardcovers ~5000 paperbacks and currently, 2300 ebooks. But hey, I'm a science fiction & fantasy collector not a book hoarder though my wife might argue the other side. A lot of the older hardcovers are the SFBC editions. Fond memories there.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote