Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
mfaine
Member Retired
mfaine began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Saving Cover/Metadata: some confusion about option wording

I am a bit confused about how the Save To Disk-> Save covers and Save metadata options work.

What I'm trying to do is to ensure that every books saved will have the metadata and cover both in the book and as a separate file.

I don't know which options to select to achieve this. The help text says "Normally, calibre will save the cover in a separate file along with the ebook file(s)", However, the text box for this option is a labeled "Save cover in a separate file". I thought it did that normally?

Also, is "along with" to be read as "in addition to"?

Thanks,
-Mark

Last edited by mfaine; 12-25-2010 at 11:47 AM.
mfaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
tick save cover as a separate file and save metadata in opf file.
That will save the data separately and if the format supports metadata inside it as well.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert