Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Oscar
Oscar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Greetings from Oregon

Hi everyone. Newly registered user. I live just outside Portland, Oregon. I have a Kindle on order but thought I would get started learning about things here. I settled on the Kindle for the easy downloading feature.
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Welcome Oscar.

I was very tempted by the Kindle for all it's neat
features. It's a cool device.

I finally decided that the Sony 505 was the best
choice for me and hubby got me a shiny RED one
for early Valentine's Day gift. I've only had it a few
days and it's already won my heart!

Enjoy your Kindle when it arrives! : )
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Oscar and welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your Kindle
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Oscar, and I'm sure you'll enjoy reading on your Kindle once you get it.

In the meanwhile, you can download books from here (you'll want the mobipocket format) and feedbooks.com.

Scour the threads and forums, ask questions when you need to and before you know it, you'll be a pro.

Did you know you can read library e-books on your Kindle without stripping the drm?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
If they give you the option, will you go with Kindle 1 or 2?

And welcome to the forum
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi Oscar and welcome to Mobile Read

I'm a new Sony 505 owner and love it! I am learning a lot from all the people here. Everyone is great about answering and / or pointing you to the right place for help... Careful, this place is addictive.

Have you always lived in Oregon? I also lived just outside (about 1 block) and also in Corvallis. What a shock when moving from sunny CA...

Anyway, enjoy exploring all the Forums and the beautifully formatted books done by the dedicated members here.... This site has helped me understand and enjoy my Sony even more.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote