Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
tadpole
Enthusiast
tadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo aura hd
Sending another SOS

Well, I am back seeking a assistance on what to do with Regan, my possessed Aura HD.

All has been pretty good for the last week, after a factory reset and getting a new SD card, then yesterday things started to go downhill. I added another batch of books and started to create another collection. The collection file would not create and in turn the books would not add to it. So I thought that I would just delete the books, and then maybe try again. They would not delete. Nor can I create anymore collection folders. So I connected to calibre. I selected the SD card and I can not delete them this way either. I got an error notice that it could not detect the device.

I copied the notice to clip board it reads....

database or disk is full
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 595, in _delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 496, in delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2000, in delete_via_sql
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 428, in delete_via_sql
OperationalError: database or disk is full

The SD card is 32GB. I can still add to the card, I just can not delete from it.

So I am here asking for assistance yet again on how to remedy this.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
The first thing I would do is install the Kobo Utilities in Calibre. You can use it to verify the integrity of your database. Users here will be able to provide you with better help then.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
tadpole
Enthusiast
tadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo aura hd
I do have the Kobo Utilities installed. I am just not sure how to actually use it yet. I am not the most proficient when it comes to computers and such.
tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Most errors like this are the because the database on the device is corrupted. Logging out of the device and back in will create a new database and reload the books. Your earlier problems creating collections are probably another sign of this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote