Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
trollins
trollins began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
transfer to fire hdx using non-amazon email?

Hello,

I'm new owner with fire hdx. Moving over from galaxy tab 8.9.

Is it possible to transfer books to my fire using a non-amazon email? I have tried using my yahoo account but, when clicking on book it says no recognized program to open.

I am wanting to transfer azw3's as they keep all the covers, etc. Amazon email doesn't recognize azw3 and mobi's lose all the covers.

Thank you for any help
trollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why not just copy them via the USB connection?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
trollins
trollins began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I can do that at home. But when I am away from home my mom can send me my books. With the galaxy tab I just download them from the email right into the kindle folder. Haven't figured out how to do that on the fire hdx.

Thanks
trollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:31 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Kindle Fire has a number of issues related to sideloaded books. I may be wrong (I don't have one and all knowledge comes from discussion here on MR) but I don't think the Fire can read covers from sideloaded books.

Also, if you are downloading via the browser, you should be able to download AZW3 as well. You may have to save the file to storage in the documents folder, but I would think that the AZW3 handler is declared by the reader app?

If you are using Send-to-Kindle, covers should be sent from Amazon's server together with the book. (I am not sure what you mean by non-Amazon email.)

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-13-2014 at 09:41 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:33 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried using Dropbox? That should work OK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Kindle Fire has a number of issues related to sideloaded books. I may be wrong (I don't have one and all knowledge comes from discussion here on MR) but I don't think the Fire can read covers from sideloaded books.
I guess this would all depend on how they were created/converted. I do not have any issues with my covers, I use Calibre for my conversions. The key is to make sure the ASIN matches what is in Amazon's database. I vaguely remember reading something about size but I've never had to adjust the size on mine.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I guess this would all depend on how they were created/converted. I do not have any issues with my covers, I use Calibre for my conversions. The key is to make sure the ASIN matches what is in Amazon's database. I vaguely remember reading something about size but I've never had to adjust the size on mine.
Indeed -- a sideloaded book that has been forged to mimic an Amazon book will ALWAYS download covers from Amazon's servers.

The trouble can sometimes come, when it needs to extract the cover from the book itself but can't -- or the Kindle doesn't like the cover it finds.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote