Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
EE stopped responding to stylus on Eink side

My wacom stylus stopped working on the Eink side of my Edge (full size). I thought that the stylus might have gone bad, but I tested it on one of my PEs and the Eink screen responded.

I took a stylus from the PE and tried that on the EE and still no response.

Any thoughts out there before I do a system reset?

Thanks,

P.S. There was a discussion about this subject in September, 2011 for a PE stylus, but there were never any answers....
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Shut it off; do a complete charge; try again. If nothing changes try the reader calibration.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
Gerrye
Zealot

Gunner,

I tried a discharge/recharge twice, but there was no change. I cannot do a recalibration to the E-Ink side, as it still doesn't respond to the stylus.

Thanks for the suggestion...
Old 09-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
It looks as if you will need to get out the tools and 'pop' the covers - check for screws under the rubber pads - because it sounds as if a cable has broken or worked loose.

Note, flat flexible plastic cables fit into sockets that have lift up locks at the top that will break if you are not careful. Other than that you are on your own because no one that has taken their EE apart supplied any pictures of the insides - think of an iFixit teardown.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Gerrye
Zealot

Ivan, I think I'll go for the system reset first before I open the EE.

Thanks for the warnings though...

Tags
e-ink, ee reader, eink, stylus