Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
dave maden
dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle
kindle HD

ive been using calibre to put books onto the old kindle and have now got a new kindle HD 32gb , can i still use calibre to put books on the new kindle in just the same way as i did with the old kindle ? thanks
dave maden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave maden View Post
ive been using calibre to put books onto the old kindle and have now got a new kindle HD 32gb , can i still use calibre to put books on the new kindle in just the same way as i did with the old kindle ? thanks
If you're using Windows XP, my understanding is that sideloading via usb to the Fire HD is not supported. I'm not aware of any other changes / limitations.
If my information is incorrect, someone please clarify.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
dave maden
dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dave maden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

im using windows 7 , does this mean i cant load books using calibre ? thanks
Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
im using windows 7 , does this mean i cant load books using calibre ? thanks
Only if you boot XP (if you dual boot). W7 is not XP, Vista is Not XP, W2k is too old
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
dave maden

ive been using w7 and calibre to put books on the older kindle so whats different with the new HD kindle ?
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
W2k is too old
Somedays, I feel like W2k.......
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The older kindle uses a USB disk connection. I think the hd is an mtp device. If I am right then you must be running calibre 0.9 or later. What calibre version are you using?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
dave maden

im running the latest version 0.9.6. , should this work with kindle HD ? thanks
Old 11-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, yes, but as I don't have one I cannot be sure.

If it is not working for you, then post a device detection debug log. To get one of these:
- Start calibre
- Plug in your HD
- Wait a few seconds
- In calibre, go to preferences -> miscellaneous and press "Debug device detection"
- Post the results.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
I'm about 99% certain the answer is yes, but like Chaley I don't have a Fire HD (just a Fire and I use XP so I sideload via USB...one of the reasons I haven't upgraded to the HD). Normally I recommend posting here for Calibre questions, but since Kovid is away you might try posting in the Amazon Kindle 'Fire' subforum. I'm sure someone there with a HD could answer your question. Good Luck!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
What happens when you try to use it? What problems are you experiencing?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
You can sideload to the Fire HD if you have the most up to date version of Windows Media Player. Calibre does not recognize the Fire HD though so Transfer to Device does not work (unless that has been remedied in the most recent update b/c I have not hooked a Fire HD with Calibre running up for a few weeks)
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
dave maden

ive loaded a book using calibre onto the HD and everything seems ok .