Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
jfreyd
jfreyd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 WiFi
Question The problem with LRF viewer

I am novice in Calibre. I am trying to use it for mostly Russian language LRF files. There is the problem when I am trying to view LRf file. My operating system - Vista Home Premium - 64 bit. Viewer gives me following messages for any LRF file I am trying to view:

error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8
Failed to render document
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\lrf_rendere r\main.py", line 33, in run
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\lrfpa rser.py", line 28, in parse
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\lrfpa rser.py", line 56, in _parse_objects
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\objects.pyo", line 969, in initialize
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8

Can you help with this problem?
jfreyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
where did you get this LRF file from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
jfreyd
jfreyd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 WiFi
I mostly take texts from libraries with books in fb2 format like aldebaran.ru and then use the program fb2lrf to convert it to LRF format. I took this program from http://www.msh-tools.com/ebook/fb2lrf.html site. Then I would load this LRF file to Calibre.
Sony's ebook Library software is able to read those LRF files fine.
Finally I think I resolved this problem. I just skip this stage with FB2LRF convertion and load Calibre directly with FB2 file and I was able to view those file fine after that.
jfreyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to convert fb2 to lrf I suffest using calibre for it. Calibre's LRF viewer is not guaranteed to work with the output of other LRF conversion programs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote