28th March to 31st March 3 4.35%
1st April to 30th April 22 31.88%
1st May to 31st December 2009 21 30.43%
Never! 14 20.29%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #61
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Damn. Now you've let the secret out they'll cancel the release and the party.

So - it's all YOUR fault that we won't get the new firmware this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Yeah, sure. They're going to release it one minute before midnight and throw a huge party under the Eiffel tower on top of that, with strippers and all.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #62
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Damn. Now you've let the secret out they'll cancel the release and the party.

So - it's all YOUR fault that we won't get the new firmware this month!
D'OH!
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #63
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Bookeen is "still working on the new firmware and" hopes "to be able to release it as soon as possible".
(see: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...95396902930893)

This was Bookeen answer to mine and others direct questioning, on their blog, about the missing deadlines.

Doesn't say pretty much anything new (off course thay are alive!), but it was still a due explanation.

I figure they chose to not be a little more specific because they really have no idea of WHEN it will happen. Which means it won't be as soon as we all would like to...

I also don't give too much meaning to the fact that they say they just "hope" to release it - I am pretty sure they will. One day...
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 AM   #64
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
I also don't give too much meaning to the fact that they say they just "hope" to release it - I am pretty sure they will. One day...
Yes, but will it be before or after I have bought a txtr-reader and stopped using my Cybook?

I still do not get why they do not release the promised folder support and then release ePub.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #65
nelsonescorcio
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I still do not get why they do not release the promised folder support and then release ePub.
Neither do I.
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #66
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Answer is probably the usual one when it comes to software developpement : it's not ready.

Ah post from bookeen :
Quote:
We are close to complete the release but we still have some bug shooting to do.
We hope that this new release will fullfill most of your wishes, and maybe more, about the Cybook firmware.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 04-01-2009 at 08:35 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #67
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

They're chatty today, ain't they?
If they make it worthwhile, I don't mind waiting.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #68
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
I am positive that this post from bookeen is not an april-fools-joke
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #69
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm a little concerned about the "we still have some bug shooting to do". That says to be that we won't see the firmware for another couple of weeks at least.

Why? Because they can't fix the last bug today and release the firmware tomorrow. They /have/ to do extensive testing of release candidate firmware, which must take at least a week, probably two or more.

So - I was wrong. They didn't make their "quarter 1" deadline. Let's hope they release before the end of April!

Quote:
Bookeen is "still working on the new firmware and" hopes "to be able to release it as soon as possible".
(see: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...95396902930893)

This was Bookeen answer to mine and others direct questioning, on their blog, about the missing deadlines.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #70
nelsonescorcio
Zealot

Quote:
I'm a little concerned about the "we still have some bug shooting to do". That says to be that we won't see the firmware for another couple of weeks at least.

Why? Because they can't fix the last bug today and release the firmware tomorrow. They /have/ to do extensive testing of release candidate firmware, which must take at least a week, probably two or more.
Yeah, I agree. No firmware upgrade on the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #71
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Yeah, I agree. No firmware upgrade on the next couple of weeks.
Probably so yeah.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #72
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Think positive!
It can be they mean bugs that come to light during the "extensive testing", so it might well be sooner than later.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #73
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Then again, they could be doing final testing of a bug fix that they made a week or so ago. you can't tell.

But, my vote of "never" is holding up thus far.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #74
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I'm more confident with a couple of day than a couple of week (it's better for my mind )
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #75
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

They could make a special beta release here on Mobileread. And we, zealous cybook fans, would do all the beta testing for them and report ALL and considering our obsession with the new FW I really mean *ALL* bugs to them within a week, so that they can fix them.
That's what I call community collaboration. Why don't they let us help them help us?