Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Device Do You Have?
Sony 500 76 11.45%
Sony 505 285 42.92%
Sony 700 33 4.97%
Bookeen Cybook Gen 3 101 15.21%
Irex Digital Reader 16 2.41%
Irex Iliad 42 6.33%
Jinke/Hanlin 37 5.57%
Ganaza GeR2 2 0.30%
Soribook 0 0%
Readius 0 0%
Hanwang N510 or 516 1 0.15%
Starebook 1 0.15%
Amazon Kindle 102 15.36%
Ebookwise 1150 52 7.83%
Dr. Yi M218 1 0.15%
JetBook 6 0.90%
Plastic Logic 0 0%
Franklin eBookMan 9 1.36%
Rocket eBook 11 1.66%
REB1100 14 2.11%
REB 1200 7 1.05%
Softbook Reader 1 0.15%
Sony Librie 4 0.60%
iphone / ipod / pda 180 27.11%
I'm waiting for the Kindle 2, Kindle 1 is too ugly, etc, etc 12 1.81%
Nokia web tablets N770/800/810 or similar 25 3.77%
I still haven't decided, I"m so frackin' confused. 13 1.96%
They haven't made the one I want 18 2.71%
I read on my computer 74 11.14%
psp or other game console 24 3.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 664. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #61
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post
I don't know if that satisfies the "isn't too heavy" requirement.
But it's a tablet and slate, no conversion gyrations, runs on a very stable platform, is large enough to read, and never runs out of batteries. In fact, I am pretty certain that it has been "on" for several thousand years.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #62
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
But it's a tablet and slate, no conversion gyrations, runs on a very stable platform, is large enough to read, and never runs out of batteries. In fact, I am pretty certain that it has been "on" for several thousand years.
True, but how many titles are there?
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #63
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
I was going to say that it doesn't appear to meet the "runs on a very stable platform" requirement but I suppose that one crack after 3000 years of use ain't so bad.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #64
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I imagine that they have to place it on a rather stable platform to prevent further cracking...
Old 02-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #65
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I was going to say that it doesn't appear to meet the "runs on a very stable platform" requirement but I suppose that one crack after 3000 years of use ain't so bad.
There may also be too much glare (and we know how everyone hates that glare), anyone done any tests yet?

Those darn dust spots in the right hand corner might pose a problem.

Braille is a definite advantage.

How would you download them?

Just saying....WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #66
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
There may also be too much glare (and we know how everyone hates that glare), anyone done any tests yet?

Those darn dust spots in the right hand corner might pose a problem.

Braille is a definite advantage.

Just saying....WDE.
Give the platform a sharp enough kick and they download themselves.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #67
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Where are all the Kindle owners?
Mostly Americans, so probably still in a bed

Also, I think there is a higher percentage of Kindle owners who don't know about our forum because it is the only reader that is geared toward computer illiterate users.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #68
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:

Just saying....WDE.
You pick your title, Bubba writes the text to the......screen......and hands them to you in person. Bring your wheelbarrow. There's also the opportunity to trade in your titles or resell them. A great system, it would seem.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #69
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Give the platform a sharp enough kick and they download themselves.
Gravity as a means of downloading, I like that.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #70
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Mostly Americans, so probably still in a bed

Also, I think there is a higher percentage of Kindle owners who don't know about our forum because it is the only reader that is geared toward computer illiterate users.
And those who fail their saving throw versus shiney!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #71
pshrynk

Quote:
Gravity as a means of downloading, I like that.
Gravity: The Ultimate Stability For Downloading.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #72
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
You pick your title, Bubba writes the text to the......screen......and hands them to you in person. Bring your wheelbarrow. There's also the opportunity to trade in your titles or resell them. A great system, it would seem.
Sounds like the perfect franchise opportunity. Better get on that patent VR !
For $50,000 a wheel barrow and a chisel you can get in on a ground breaking (Yes, a pun) opportunity! Pay Pal and all major credit cards and of course cash are accepted.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #73
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Hi,

I voted Cybook (for books) and iPod (for news feeds from NYT and Le Monde). I also read on my computer but only when I have no other choice, so I didn't check that box
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #74
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
desertgrandma, I'm new here. I thought you could only vote for one device. I voted for the PRS505 but I also use my PSP and bookR. If you are keeping any off the record counts, please add 1 to PSP.

Thanks, kenmark

Patricia, any mod? Could you do this please?

Dont' worry about it kenmark, if thats the most serious mistake you make while here, you'll count yourself lucky!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #75
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You should add "Symbian Phone or Blackberry" - those are also Mobipocket platforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I would put those under "iphone/pda"

They may be mobipocket, but they aren't dedicated bookreaders...
i agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Where are all the Kindle owners?
Quote:
Maybe they were busy with the game yeterday.....today, maybe while they are all at work....and notice RM's not here either. When she gets back.....
ricky has 3 kindles, is she going to want to vote 3 times ?
Quote:
desertgrandma, I'm new here. I thought you could only vote for one device. I voted for the PRS505 but I also use my PSP and bookR. If you are keeping any off the record counts, please add 1 to PSP.

Thanks, kenmark
Quote:
Patricia, any mod? Could you do this please?

Dont' worry about it kenmark, if thats the most serious mistake you make while here, you'll count yourself lucky!
i added a vote for psp for kenmark.

Quote:
Gravity: The Ultimate Stability For Downloading.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote