Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #31
Laurel
Laurel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Amazon Kindle
Beautifully done! Thank you. I especially appreciate having all the book descriptions right on my Kindle. The Download Guide is a wonderful service. Laurel
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #32
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Alex, are you gonna have to get Nate neutered now?

Seems a shame. Such a nice little doggie.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(says the eb1150, hyper-obscure / mostly obsolete .imp format user...)
Zelda,

We don't think you're obsolete.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Zelda,

We don't think you're obsolete.

BOb
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #35
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Works great, Alex! And I don't believe the logo is all that pixilated. It just looks worse when blownup for a screensave.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #36
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
So what does everyone think?
Well, you know, I kind of now think of you people as GODS!

This is brilliant. I want to have your children (but I'm an ex-Catholic, so that comes with the whole "virgin birth" rider attached).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Well, you know, I kind of now think of you people as GODS!

This is brilliant. I want to have your children (but I'm an ex-Catholic, so that comes with the whole "virgin birth" rider attached).

Cheers,
Marc
You can have them. What's your mailing address?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:05 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please not that this is not specifically a "Kindle" Guide; it will work with any device that supports MobiPocket books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #39
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
You can have them. What's your mailing address?
Ahh, I'm not falling for that one again. Last time that happened I had to sell the whole pesky lot to Disney World just to be rid of them (apparently Animal Kingdom doesn't feed itself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please not that this is not specifically a "Kindle" Guide; it will work with any device that supports MobiPocket books.
Yes, it does (Iliad here), and, as I say, it's full of juicy goodness with it too.

Cheers,
Marc (TedPark's spreadsheet of PG works is a pretty handy reference too, over here)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #40
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I really like having info available offline for reading. I've complimented the Feedbooks Guide for providing the "lists" which I have not been able to access directly on the web site. Each time I stumble over a list with my browser, I "favorite" it so I can access it later. But they're included in their entirety in the Kindle Guide. So when I saw that Alexander had included the book descriptions, I thought that was very good.
Well, the guide on Feedbooks doesn't have all the lists. There's all the list that admins (in this case my lists) created and that's it. There's far too many lists (anyone can create a list) that wouldn't be interesting for the average user to include all of them. I'll add a rule in the future: something like, if a list gets more than 5 favorites, it gets listed in the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
I tested it out and it worked fine for me. It did take a while for the Kindle to index the guide -- it was slow turning pages for a while.
That's the sort of problem that I pointed to. On some Kindles it might slow down just a bit, on others it can almost crash the device.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #41
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Nate and Alexander, terrific job! I don't have a Kindle but I'm keeping a copy of this on my desktop where it works great particularly for navigating and browsing the library. Just an excellent idea, guys.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #42
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
At Harry's request, I'm changing the title of this thread. It used to be: Mobipocket Kindle Download Guide.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #43
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
At Harry's request, I'm changing the title of this thread. It used to be: Mobipocket Kindle Download Guide.
i like the new title. covering every possible keyword base, are you ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #44
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Harry T. Thank you!

I just finished downloading all 12 of the Philo Vance novels. I especially appreciate that they are in chronological order. I had some downloaded from feedbooks.com, but deleted those because they were in willy nilly order.........I like to read series from the beginning.
Would you like some candy from the US???
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #45
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I just finished downloading all 12 of the Philo Vance novels. I especially appreciate that they are in chronological order. I had some downloaded from feedbooks.com, but deleted those because they were in willy nilly order.........I like to read series from the beginning.
Would you like some candy from the US???
In willy nilly order ?
There's a list available for the Philo Vance novels: http://www.feedbooks.com/list/view/23
It's also in the guide with a description for the list.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote