Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #1096
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
Tested CM 2.7.5 on PW 5.4.4.2
- - - -
So at least it solved one of my problems, which was being able to launch CM again so I could unhide some of the items I'd previously hidden before my firmware update. But yeah, no can copy or move stuff into local folders.
- - - -
Well, at least one of its features is working for you (un-hide things).

If you (or anyone else) finds something that can not be un-hidden which firmware 5.4.4.2 made in-accessible ...
There may be another work-around possible to un-hide those things.

Tag or follow this recent thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245691

The "LibrarianSync" (which runs on the Kindle) can replace the entire collections data base from a Json file.

There is (I think) one missing piece at the moment - -
The ability to build a Json file from the currently existing data base file.
If that feature could be added - -

Then the work-around would be to:
* use LibrarianSync to convert the existing data base to a (text) Json file;
* hand edit the Json file to "fix" the collections;
* then use LibrarianSync to replace the existing data base.

Perhaps the people working with the LibrarianSync code will consider adding that feature (if it isn't already there).

Last edited by knc1; 09-06-2014 at 07:59 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #1097
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@CheriePie/@mthodmn101: Thanks for the feedback .

So I guess I won't be releasing 2.7.5 just yet... .

@knc1: Yup, I'm liking that option, but it doesn't (yet) grok our own json schema .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #1098
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
@NiLuJe: ok, I updated LibrarianSync to use the format you described in the old thread (btw could you move, as you volunteered, the relevant parts of thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160855 to the new one https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245691?)

The json file should be named calibre_plugin.json and be in the extensions folder.

I tested it on a hand-written json, it seemed to work. The timestamps and locale are not used by the script.

@knc1: I agree exporting the collections could be useful, I'll see what I can do.
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #1099
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
@knc1: LibrarianSync now exports current collections to a json file, see relevant thread.
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #1100
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@barsanuphe: That was fast (again ^^). I'll check it out and get back to you, thanks!
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #1101
mhnotnot
mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kindle 4, paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
Tested CM 2.7.5 on PW 5.4.4.2 and though it will indeed launch now, and allow me to hide and unhide stuff from the top pane, a step in the right direction at least, it doesn't see any of my collections right now, expected behavior though since all my collections were converted to cloud collections.

So I went ahead and created a new (local) collection from within CM. That worked fine, but then as mthodm101 stated above, nothing happens when I try to move or copy books into the newly created collection. Going through all the same motions seems to work fine, but the books don't actually get put into the collection.

So at least it solved one of my problems, which was being able to launch CM again so I could unhide some of the items I'd previously hidden before my firmware update. But yeah, no can copy or move stuff into local folders.

Thanks for trying anyway, and if you've got any other ideas you'd like me to test, just let me know. I'm happy to help out where I can. Unfortunately I know nothing about coding this stuff so I can't do more than troubleshoot and provide feedback. But coming from an IT background, I'm good at that part at least.
Can you please give simplest step by step Coolection Manager UI instructions to reproduce problem without doing import from calibre? Will try to debug without PW1, not sure how successfull I am going to be though.
mhnotnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #1102
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mhnotnot: Create a collection, try to copy/move an item into it. Nothing happens, and nothing wonky jumps out at me in the system logs.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #1103
n33raj18
Super N00b
n33raj18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Tried CM on 5.4.5.1
When trying to move items into a collection, one or more of the following happens:
- The items become hidden
- One or more items get transferred into the collection but not all
- Collection becomes empty
n33raj18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #1104
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n33raj18 View Post
Tried CM on 5.4.5.1
When trying to move items into a collection, one or more of the following happens:
- The items become hidden
- One or more items get transferred into the collection but not all
- Collection becomes empty
Once you have created that situation, use the "LibrarianSync" application to dump the collections database as a (text) Json file.

The "LibrarianSync" package includes KUAL buttons to operate it with.

Then either read or attach to a post so we can read what has happened to the database.

This information (the Json file) will tell us which of your three choices is happening.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #1105
cer7400
cer7400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch WiFi
hello,
any chance to solve search functionality for firmwares >= 5.2.0?
it is possible? can I help you?
great app but almost unusable for such devices...

regards,
jorge
cer7400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #1106
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cer7400 View Post
hello,
any chance to solve search functionality for firmwares >= 5.2.0?
it is possible? can I help you?
great app but almost unusable for such devices...

regards,
jorge
Read the "Requirements" section of the first post please.
Also see the "Other Notes" section, last entry.

Last edited by knc1; 09-23-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #1107
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I've only ever used the kindlet on fw5.3.7, and find it quite usable.

That being said, if you can figure out how to restore the search on post-5.1.x firmware, I certainly won't complain.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #1108
cer7400

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Read the "Requirements" section of the first post please.
Also see the "Other Notes" section, last entry.
if you refer to:
Requirements:
Kindle Touch: Firmware 5.1.0 - 5.3.7.2
and
Other Notes:
On Firmwares >= 5.2.0, the search functionality is not available.
then I am already aware.

if not please explain (your inappropriate intervention)

thank you
Old 09-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #1109
cer7400

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I've only ever used the kindlet on fw5.3.7, and find it quite usable.

That being said, if you can figure out how to restore the search on post-5.1.x firmware, I certainly won't complain.
how do you manage with large lists (~ 2000 books) without search/filter?
please share your secret
Old 09-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #1110
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cer7400 View Post
how do you manage with large lists (~ 2000 books) without search/filter?
please share your secret
I would hate to do that even with search; I import a list from Kindle Collection plugin.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks