Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Pinkeyes
Pinkeyes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre-Server - Error: No Books Found

I've noticed if the calibre-server (web version) yields no results, I get the following error message. (This was discovered when I miss-spelled an author)

Can anyone help ? I'm sure this isn't right ?

Pinkeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeyes View Post
I've noticed if the calibre-server (web version) yields no results, I get the following error message. (This was discovered when I miss-spelled an author)

Can anyone help ? I'm sure this isn't right ?
I get a very similar error message. (The exact error depends on whether I'm accessing \mobile, \browse, \opds, etc.) I suppose it's not very user-friendly, but I just hit the back key on my browser and fix the null search to one that gives a result. Is it creating a problem for you, like hanging your browser, or is it just ugly?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
Pinkeyes

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It isn't causing any particular problem. If the search finds a result, it displays it correctly. The error only shows if the search finds nothing.

So yes, I would say it just looks "ugly" as you say. I am more concerned that this is an issue with my database or may lead to more of a problem in the future.
I'm guessing there is an error somewhere, as this shouldn't be happening.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I am more concerned that this is an issue with my database or may lead to more of a problem in the future.
The content server is read only so will not get corrupted via any web search queries. You can check your database for errors via the local GUI, click the library icon and go to Library Maintenance - Check library.

Quote:
I'm guessing there is an error somewhere, as this shouldn't be happening.
I believe the only error, besides typing things in wrong, is in the error handling for an incorrect match. You should submit a bug report and Kovid will look at it when he gets a chance, most likely after the move.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-28-2011 at 03:52 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:16 AM   #5
Pinkeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The content server is read only so will not get corrupted via any web search queries. You can check your database for errors via the local GUI, click the library icon and go to Library Maintenance - Check library.
Thank you. It's good to know the read only part. I did a library check and all came back well.

Quote:
I believe the only error, besides typing things in wrong, is in the error handling for an incorrect match. You should submit a bug report and Kovid will look at it when he gets a chance, most likely after the move.
I will report this. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Pinkeyes

Bug Reported
Old 09-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I believe the only error, besides typing things in wrong, is in the error handling for an incorrect match.
Yes. It's been that way for a long time and has no effect on the database. The error is reported on the lower half of the content server screen (where the null results ought to appear), but the search box is still accessible at the top of the screen, so I just type another search that won't produce a null result.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote