Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 04:48 AM   #1
doylejohn
The Leprechaun
doylejohn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil to Calibre

I can now make a Table of Contents from images using Sigil, but when I change a page out or put in a page and try to convert it in Calibre the program does not see the new pages from the changes in Sigil.

Any Help...
doylejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You're changing one file and trying to convert a different one. Either the calibre ORIGINAL format backup thing is biting you, or you're getting confused about which file you're editing and which you're converting.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by doylejohn View Post
I can now make a Table of Contents from images using Sigil, but when I change a page out or put in a page and try to convert it in Calibre the program does not see the new pages from the changes in Sigil.

Any Help...
Just about everything you can do with Sigil's TOC, you can do with Calibre (Main GUI and in the Editor).

And More

It is way different to use and will take some getting used to.
re-nest
Manual add by point to file
remove items from the list
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:35 PM   #4
doylejohn
The Leprechaun

You guys seem to know what you are talking about. Could you say what you are trying in a more detailed way without the abbreviations so I can understand it.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:28 AM   #5
doylejohn
The Leprechaun

Grand Sorcerer and Others,

I thank you again. Now I have a working table of contents of all one hundred and two poems which were written over a fifteen year period. You were right sorcerer all I had to do was change out the copyright page in the editing area of calibre with the new one which had a different ISBN for that format. All the other pages are exactly the same. So I did the Table of Contents in Sigil and then saved the epub format to the other nine formats in Calibre with the one page changed out. To sum it up I have two different file sizes for the book one just under 10 MB and the other just under 5 MB. With two types of books one not having a cover added to it for the ebook sites that have a program to add in a cover and one with a cover to sell directly. In total that would have made about 40 different ebook files with me having to write 102 Table of contents in each of them. Now all I have to do is click a couple of buttons for each one. Doing each one manually would have taken forever. Thanks again to all. If you want to see a few pages for free go to Scribd and look up Picturesque.

The Leprechaun

I will try to put that one up on the site for St. Patrick's Day
Advert