Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Maketso
Maketso began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iphone
iPad and iPhone won't page sync using Kindle app

Good morning, all! This is my first post. I'm an avid reader and love being mobile! I'm looking forward to learning and being able to contribute. Meanwhile, I have a frustrating problem I'm asking for your help with. I tried searching this forum but could not find an answer.

I use an iPhone, an iPad and the Kindle app. When I first added the iPad, things worked beautifully. But now, the pages won't sync between devices. When I stop reading on one device, and try to pick up on another device later, the second device will not recognize where I stopped before.

Things I've tried:

Tapping the little sync wheel before leaving book on first device.
Syncing everything before closing the app on the first device.
Syncing everything when opening the app on the second device.
Tapping the little sync wheel when opening the book in the second device.

De-registering both devices, deleting and re-installing the app.

Verifying that the Manage Synchronization toggle is turned on on the Amazon site.

Amazon/Kindle support staff are stumped.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Maketso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
melm
melm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App
I had the same problem. I needed to turn on "Annotation Backup" in the Kindle App on both the iPhone and iPad.

Do the following on each device. (You can start with either one but do the steps on each device. For example, open the app on the iPhone and complete all the steps, then repeat on the iPad.)

1-Open the Kindle app
2-Go to the Home screen of the app
3-Tap the "i" icon on the bottom right of the screen
4-Go to "Settings", "Annotation Backup"
5-Turn on Annotation Backup
6-Back out of Info and close the app.

After you have done this on each device, open the app and tap the sync icon. Open the book and now the book should open at the furthest location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maketso View Post
Good morning, all! This is my first post. I'm an avid reader and love being mobile! I'm looking forward to learning and being able to contribute. Meanwhile, I have a frustrating problem I'm asking for your help with. I tried searching this forum but could not find an answer.

I use an iPhone, an iPad and the Kindle app. When I first added the iPad, things worked beautifully. But now, the pages won't sync between devices. When I stop reading on one device, and try to pick up on another device later, the second device will not recognize where I stopped before.

Things I've tried:

Tapping the little sync wheel before leaving book on first device.
Syncing everything before closing the app on the first device.
Syncing everything when opening the app on the second device.
Tapping the little sync wheel when opening the book in the second device.

De-registering both devices, deleting and re-installing the app.

Verifying that the Manage Synchronization toggle is turned on on the Amazon site.

Amazon/Kindle support staff are stumped.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
melm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Excellent to see two first posts requesting and receiving help. Welcome to MobileRead, Maketso and Melm.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
KitsBeach
KitsBeach began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
I have the same problem. Books have been "delivered to" my kindle touch and my iphone via the amazon site.

Syncing used to work perfectly. I could read on my kindle and then later when I was out and about I could open up my iphone app and it would sync to where I left off.

Two things have happened lately. Amazon has sent us canadians to the .ca site to manage our kindles. And I have replaced my iphone.

I had a temporary solution by deleting a book from my kindle and then hard rebooting the kindle and re-delivering the book again. It synced to my phone for one read and then failed again.

The error I receive is this:

Sync Results

Unable to retrieve the furthest location read. If this is the first time you have opened this book, your device will update your location when you close the book or your device goes to sleep.

Any ideas..?
KitsBeach is offline   Reply With Quote