Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
oldgollum
oldgollum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle purchase pending
Cool Hello to the community!

I am hoping to buy a Kindle at the discounted rate with the Amazon account and have been going crazy looking at all that is written about the e-book readers. Kindle seems to be the best so far without going into hock buying it and $100 off the $359.00 price seems like the best deal out there. I was a little concerned about only being able to get titles from Amazon, but was happy to read the guide posted on the site and find out about all the other sites where I can get classics for free as well as works in progress from new authors. Glad to be aboard and hope to learn a lot from all of you.
oldgollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Hi! Welcome to the forums. I hope you'll be happy with your Kindle when you get it
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome to MobileRead.

I love my Kindle, and I even paid full price for it! My choice of the Kindle was based to a large extent on the catalog of books and Amazon's commitment to keep the price of best sellers down to $9.99 or less. I'm also enjoying the many classics which have been uploaded here to MobileRead, and those available at Feedbooks and ManyBooks. I've bought some SF from Baen and some of the multi-format books at Fictionwise.

I just wish I had more time to read because there are SO many books available.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi oldgollum and welcome to the Forum Enjoy your Kindle
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Welcome! To reiterate what was said above, Amazon isn't the only place to get books for a Kindle. (I love mine!) Any non-DRM "mobipocket" formatted book works just fine on a Kindle. Such as the mobipocket books found here on this site .... and on other sites. I've got far too many books (or samples) on my Kindle to ever catch up with reading them all!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert