Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
allenjcochran
allenjcochran began at the beginning.

Device: Simple Nook
Calibre won't recognize any books on my Nook Simple Touch

Calibre will not recognize that I have any books on my e-ink Nook Simple Touch. I've reinstalled it, moved the library, and searched the online user manual but still I've had no luck.

Anyone know anything about this or how I can fix it?
allenjcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
JoyfulT
JoyfulT began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
I am having the same problem with my Nook Color, It always gave me a list when i went to Device>Show books in main memory in this device. Now it is blank. Thank you
JoyfulT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
JoyfulT
JoyfulT began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Hi, figured it out, I had a search entry showing, when I deleted that my list showed up. Thank you,
JoyfulT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
allenjcochran
allenjcochran began at the beginning.

Device: Simple Nook
My Simple Touch Nook library will still not show up. I'm totally confused. If it has to do with a default search for something, I'm lost....

Here's a screen show of what I see when I am supposedly looking at my library.

Help!!!
allenjcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Oops. Nevermind. Was trying to fix your screenshot but it won't show up even with the corrected link.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Note that books you buy from B&N will not show up. B&N chose to hide those books when connecting over a USB cable. But any books you send to the Nook with calirbe itself will show up (or books that you place using windows file explorer).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenjcochran View Post
My Simple Touch Nook library will still not show up. I'm totally confused. If it has to do with a default search for something, I'm lost....

Here's a screen show of what I see when I am supposedly looking at my library.

Help!!!
This might work...

JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
TilleyHat
TilleyHat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Calibre does not recognize Nook Simple Touch

I have first started Calibre and then connected the Simple Touch (via USB) and also connected them in the reverse order but the "Device" icon never appears in Calibre. The "Nook (J" Windows explorer pops up so the Computer recognizes that the Simple Touch has been connected via the USB cable. Is there any way to get Calibre to recognize that the Nook Simple Touch has been connected?

TilleyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TilleyHat View Post
I have first started Calibre and then connected the Simple Touch (via USB) and also connected them in the reverse order but the "Device" icon never appears in Calibre. The "Nook (J" Windows explorer pops up so the Computer recognizes that the Simple Touch has been connected via the USB cable. Is there any way to get Calibre to recognize that the Nook Simple Touch has been connected?

Your picture does not work.
Is there a nook message next to Kovids name?

If yes: Did you customise the toolbars:
If Yes: Add LOCATION MANAGER to a toolbar 'When Device is Connected'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, e-ink, ereader, nook, simple touch