Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
TetraKM
Connoisseur
TetraKM doesn't litterTetraKM doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Multi Formats? Fetch News

Hi Guys,

I am a lucky person who has access to both a Sony Reader and a Kindle 3 - My sony reader never displays well in the sun and i should have returned it when I got it I just did not know different - so I tend to flip between both devices.

Blah! Blah! I hear you say!, get on with it

Well my issues is this, is there any way to have epub as my dedicated main format but have the kindle mobi format for the fetch news function or is there an easy way to switch formats before i hit the fetch news function. i cannot seem to find how to do it.

Cheers

TKM
TetraKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
TetraKM
Connoisseur
TetraKM doesn't litterTetraKM doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Oh by the way still live my sony over the kindle - the kindle just seems so fiddly I also praise the chap who developed calibre - what a super star
TetraKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there's no way to have a separate format for news downloads. You can switch formats via Preferences->Behavior.

Though in your case I would suggest using two separate calibre installs, one for downloading news and the other for books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote