Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Select all A, B, Authors?

I did search, but its so generic, that I couldn't find anything.

All I want to do is when browsing the Library, using the Tags on the left hand side, is to be able to Select ALL the "A's from the Authors column. (All the authors beginning with the letter A)

I know I could select each individually with +shift for example, but that would take forever.

I imagine there is a search term that I could use, Authors=<"A er yes I don't know any regex yet. Anyone want to help me out here?

I could then save the searches for each letter of the alphebet....which would be useful. Even better would be if just clicking on the "A" from the author tags, would populate the search box with that term.

This has probably been sorted before, so sorry, can you point me to the solution please
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138592
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
author_sort:"~^A.*"

Thanks kiwidude

Is it worth suggesting that this be auto applied when selecting the A's or B's or C's in the authors tag lists? Or is that some really major program change to implement?

In any case thanks. now I can easily select blocks of Authors, which is great when working on you library.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Is it worth suggesting that this be auto applied when selecting the A's or B's or C's in the authors tag lists? Or is that some really major program change to implement?
Not sure if it is worth suggesting, but I did it anyway.

The change works on any category partitioned by first letter (not categories partitioned into fixed-length groups). It is in source and will appear in the next release.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Not sure if it is worth suggesting, but I did it anyway.

The change works on any category partitioned by first letter (not categories partitioned into fixed-length groups). It is in source and will appear in the next release.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
transmitthis
Addict

That's Brilliant Chaley
I'm sure it will be useful for peeps.

Thankyou!